• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

More NFL Arrests

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Frank Clark of the Chiefs - arrested for having an Uzi in his car

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark was arrested in Los Angeles on Sunday after police said they saw a submachine gun in his vehicle, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson told CNN.
"Yesterday at about 9:20 p.m., Mr. Clark was pulled over in the area of Grand and Adams for a vehicle code violation," the spokesperson said Monday. "At this time, officers observed a bag with an Uzi sticking out."
Clark, 28, and three passengers were taken out of the vehicle, the LAPD spokesman said. Clark was arrested for allegedly possessing a concealed firearm in a vehicle, the spokesperson said.
Clark was booked into Los Angeles County jail on Monday morning and was released at 2:30 p.m. on $35,000 bond, according to booking details from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

and even worse

Barkevious Mingo arrested for indecency with a child

Former first-round pick Barkevious Mingo was arrested earlier in the week for "indecency with a child", TMZ Sports reported on Saturday afternoon.

Mingo, who currently plays for the Atlanta Falcons, was reportedly arrested on Thursday by the Arlington Police Department, and he was booked into the Tarrant County jail for "indecency with a child, sexual contact," TMZ Sports reported citing court records and law enforcement officials.

According to the website, Mingo potentially faces a second-degree felony. If he is indeed convicted, Mingo could face up to 20 years in jail in the state of Texas.

Mingo was released from jail the next morning. His bond was set at $25,000.

As of right now, there are no further details surrounding the arrest, per TMZ.

The Falcons released a statement regarding the arrest.

"Our organization became aware of the allegations involving Barkevious Mingo today and are currently gathering information on this incident. The Falcons take the allegations very seriously and will continue to monitor the situation," the statement read.

Yeah when I go out it is nice to have the Uzi handy. Never know when you will need to rata tat tat a group of people with a spray of bullets.

Yeah when I go out it is nice to have the Uzi handy. Never know when you will need to rata tat tat a group of people with a spray of bullets.
It my area it's the "Snype" population that worries me. I always carry an Uzi, sometimes even an Aussi for good measures.

Salute the nation

Frank Clark of the Chiefs - arrested for having an Uzi in his car

You know Coolie, many here talk about how much we would hace seen / heard of the 70's players had we had internet / social media back then. Myself I don't think there was as much lawlessness as there is today. Yes maybe DUIs / Pot / drugs, but nothing like the seriousness and often-isity of todays NFL players.

Todays players, in general have way less respect for themselves yet alone someone else as opposed to the earlier ERA (70's/80s/90s/ even the 00's)

$25,000.oo seems very little compared to the 'minor" indecency seriousnes.

Salute the nation

Yeah I saw the Clark thing a while ago. Now obviously an Uzi is a little different then a hand gun but other than that sounds pretty much like the Layne arrest.

Depends on the Uzi. Like many different things, can you get a semi-auto version of it? So again, maybe it looks all scary to the snowflakes, but it could just be a semi-auto version. I know it's California, though, which is a whole other world.

Who cares about the uzi. Mingo is a pedophile? If true, throw his *** in jail. No way he should sniff the field until that is completely resolved in the courts.

Who cares about the uzi. Mingo is a pedophile? If true, throw his *** in jail. No way he should sniff the field until that is completely resolved in the courts.
Well Atlanta released him

reports are he tried to have relations with an underage boy

NFL linebacker Barkevious Mingo, who was arrested in Arlington last week after being accused of indecency with a child, allegedly tugged at a teenage boy's underwear and tried to initiate sex while in a hotel room, according to a search warrant obtained by NBC 5. Mingo's attorney says the allegations are a lie and that his client will be vindicated.

Mingo, 30, was arrested Thursday after he traveled to North Texas to surrender to Arlington police. He was freed a short time later after posting $25,000 bail. Two days later the Atlanta Falcons said they'd terminated his contract.

According to a search warrant, Mingo was entertaining a young relative and his best friend, who was 13 at the time, during a visit to North Texas over the July Fourth holiday in 2019.

During the visit, the alleged victim said Mingo took the boys to Six Flags, K1 Speed, and then a restaurant for dinner before they all went back to stay at his hotel. The victim also told police Mingo allowed them to buy anything they wanted from the Nike website and that those items, including clothing and shoes, were sent back to the relative's home.

At the hotel, the 13-year-old boy told police he woke up and noticed Mingo was in the bed with him.

"The victim thought this was odd because the plan had been for him to sleep in the other room with his best friend. The victim advised he did not think much of it and went back to sleep," the affidavit said. "The victim was then awoken by the suspect pulling at his underwear."

The affidavit goes on to describe this occurring for several minutes until Mingo got more aggressive and pulled the boy's underwear down to his shins. The boy told police he, "was scared and pretended to be asleep."

The child told police Mingo put lotion on him that made his skin burn and that he felt the man rubbing his body against his.

Investigators obtained the search warrant to recover purchase orders from Nike to "corroborate the victim's statements" about the orders made that night. Investigators said "purchasing gifts for children is a known 'grooming' behavior in child sex abuse cases."

It is not clear from the search warrant if Nike was able to confirm the orders placed. Police also have been hesitant to release further details citing the ongoing investigation.

Mingo was a sixth-overall pick in 2013 by the Cleveland Browns who has also played professionally for the Patriots, Colts, Seahawks, Texans and Bears. In March 2021, Mingo was signed to a one-year deal by the Falcons.

After learning of the allegation against him the Falcons fired him.

"After being made aware today of allegations involving Barkevious Mingo and gathering information on the matter, the Atlanta Falcons have terminated his contract," the team said on their website Sunday.

Mingo's attorney, Chris Lewis, via Adam Schefter of ESPN, said Monday Mingo's firing was a "rush to judgment" and that the allegations against Mingo are "a lie."

"We are extremely disappointed in the Atlanta Falcons' rush to judgment in terminating Barkevious Mingo's contract before gathering all of the relevant facts and prior to my client having his day in court. The accusation against Mr. Mingo is a lie. Barkevious knows it -- so does his accuser."

Lewis, via the statement to ESPN, said Mingo is committed to cooperating with law enforcement in the investigation and clearing his name.

"As soon as Barkevious became aware of the arrest warrant he immediately traveled to Texas to turn himself in and answer to the charge. Now, he is ready to prove his innocence," Lewis said.

Adam Schefter

39m ·

Free-agent CB Richard Sherman was booked at 6:08 this am at the Seattle Correctional Facility for “Burglary Domestic Violence”, per King County public records. Sherman also was denied bail.

Always thought Sherman had a bit of a screw loose. Domestic violence AND burglary, alrighty then.

so much for Sherman now if we want to anti up on the secondary there is Josh Norman Nelson and Gilmore can be obtained via trade

Always thought Sherman had a bit of a screw loose. Domestic violence AND burglary, alrighty then.

I think maybe these guys get to "chemically up" and when their careers start to sway......... they still want that physical high and continue the steroids thus altering their clear thinking. It doesn't justify anything because a dumb azZ is still a dumb azZ high or not.

The no BOND set is probably due to the early booking time.

Salute the nation

Domestic Violence Burglary is supposedly getting kicked out of your house by the wife, using a key to get back in and then not leaving.

It sounds like he wrecked his car then ran to a nearby family members house and tried to break in, then fought the cops that came to get him

Barkevious, Richard, and Frank dindt do nuffin!

"The victim thought this was odd because the plan had been for him to sleep in the other room with his best friend. The victim advised he did not think much of it and went back to sleep," the affidavit said. "The victim was then awoken by the suspect pulling at his underwear."

The affidavit goes on to describe this occurring for several minutes until Mingo got more aggressive and pulled the boy's underwear down to his shins. The boy told police he, "was scared and pretended to be asleep."
Apparently there are two gay players in the NFL.
I know a guy who was charged and convicted of theft because he got in a fight and caught the other guy's necklace in his fingers when he punched him. Walked away not realizing he even had it.

Last edited:
I want to see the body camera footage of the K9 take down

It was at that point that a police dog was used to place Sherman under arrest; Sherman suffered a cut on his lower leg that was caused by the dog, Lowe said. One officer took Sherman to the ground, Lowe said, adding that one officer also suffered a minor injury. He said Sherman was treated at a hospital before he was booked into jail.