• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My boss's daughter's cousin (I think)

Djfan isn’t easy.!!!

Salute the nation
DJfan knew all along that the appropriate way of saying it would be "his bosses' nephew", he was just testing us. Keeping us on our toes...seeing how long it would be before someone takes notice.
It was Djfan being Djfan!

My mom's sisters' husband was the same way.

DJfan knew all along that the appropriate way of saying it would be "his bosses' nephew", he was just testing us. Keeping us on our toes...seeing how long it would be before someone takes notice.

I’m only speculating, but This friend of mine’s sister (cheerleader), had a “girlfriend” stay over one night. We, both cheer leader and “girlfriend” and myself hit it off. Neither knew Djfan.

Two weeks later that sister’s “girlfriend” showed up on my door step and asked if she and her brother’s sister could stay for a couple of days. Of courage me being the polite person I am said yes.

Then a day later two of the “Girlfriend‘s” friends showed up speaking some foreign language but after deciphering everything and getting the two new girls sorted out……… No one knew Djfan other than that he wasn’t easy…….. poor *******.!!!

Salute the nation

Last edited:

So, who's the grammer nazi these days?

Me. I have a B.A. in English, write approximately 75 pages per week, 50 weeks per year, and was trained in standard English by the nuns, then the Jesuits, and then by one of the best writing instructors ever to teach a college class.

"Bosses" is plural, and it seems you were referring to the niece of just one boss so it should be "boss' daughter's cousin," as you denoted in the title, rather than "bosses' daughter's cousin." You were correct - except the preferred notation for possessive for a noun ending in "s" is simply to use the apostrophe at the end of the "s" and avoiding using another s - "boss' daughter," not "boss's daughter," even though both comply with standard English.

Oh, and sorry but the word is "grammar" and "Nazi" is capitalized.

So, who's the grammer nazi these days?

Don't look at me! "My boss' daughter's cousin" is grammatically correct!...it's just not the way someone would typically describe a nephew.

Last edited:
Me. I have a B.A. in English, write approximately 75 pages per week, 50 weeks per year, and was trained in standard English by the nuns, then the Jesuits, and then by one of the best writing instructors ever to teach a college class.

"Bosses" is plural, and it seems you were referring to the niece of just one boss so it should be "boss' daughter's cousin," as you denoted in the title, rather than "bosses' daughter's cousin." You were correct - except the preferred notation for possessive for a noun ending in "s" is simply to use the apostrophe at the end of the "s" and avoiding using another s - "boss' daughter," not "boss's daughter," even though both comply with standard English.

Oh, and sorry but the word is "grammar" and "Nazi" is capitalized.
Look, I specialize in HSEC education (ABE), so I exceeded the necessary benchmarks. And, I left nazi uncapialized intentionally. Hate what those scumbags stood for, and I constantly wish to degrade them.

Look, I specialize in HSEC education (ABE), so I exceeded the necessary benchmarks. And, I left nazi uncapialized intentionally. Hate what those scumbags stood for, and I constantly wish to degrade them.
Kind of like a personal touch in the writing industry.

Authors use that methods quite often and as many here have seen, I follow suit as well.

Congratulations NON-easy, still working stiff who has been hit up-side the head, with no affect.

You fit right in !!!!

Salute the nation

Kind of like a personal touch in the writing industry.

Authors use that methods quite often and as many here have seen, I follow suit as well.

Congratulations NON-easy, still working stiff who has been hit up-side the head, with no affect.

You fit right in !!!!

Salute the nation