• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NAACP Leader Claims He Was Threatened and Racially Profiled

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
But reveals himself to just be a lying sack of ****.

Body camera released after a SC NAACP president says he was racially profiled.

POSTED: MAY 15 2018 09:40PM EDT

TIMMONSVILLE, SC - Newly released police dash cam video of a traffic stop involving a South Carolina NAACP president has many folks upset, but not at the officer.

April 13, Timmonsville NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie described on Facebook how he had been racially profiled when a police officer pulled him over near his home.

Moultrie's post stated, "Tonight, I was racially profiled by Timmonsville Officer CAUSE I WAS DRIVING A MERCEDES BENZ AND GOING HOME IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD."

Moultrie recounted the conversation he had with the officer in his social media post. He wrote the officer asked him if there were any drugs inside his car. Moultrie also stated the officer told him, "I am doing you a favor tonight not taking you to jail or writing you a ticket."

Police countered his claim stating he was stopped for failing to use a turn signal and a problem with his license plate.

Florence community activist Timothy Waters said he was upset by Moultrie’s claims to the point he had to see it for himself. So, Waters went to the Timmonsville Police Department to take a look at a copy of the officer's dash and body cam video. But the video just made him even more upset.

Waters said the body cam video appeared to completely counter what Moultrie posted on Facebook. He said the officer was very pleasant and kind to Moultrie during the entire four-minute traffic stop.

"Once I got a copy of that body cam, it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back 100 years because think about all of the racial profiling cases [that] are true," said Waters.

Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown said Moultrie contacted him the morning after the traffic stop with claims that Moultrie had been racially profiled and mistreated by the officer.

"He made a comment that the officer accused him of having drugs in the car. He said that his wife and grandchild was in the car. He asked them not to move because the officer looked as if he might shoot them or something. He also made mention that the officer continued to ask him about his neighborhood. Why was he in that neighborhood? And threaten[ed] to put him in jail in reference to something dealing with the registration to the vehicle," said Brown.

Brown said he investigated, reviewed the body cam video and determined there was nothing to Moultrie's claims.

"When I saw the video, I was shocked that someone who is supposed to be a community leader, a pastor, and head of the NAACP would just come out and tell a blatant lie. It bothered me. It really bothered me, thinking about the racial unrest it could've cost in the community and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that would come out and just tell a lie," Brown said. "There was a time where I was a victim as a police chief. I was a victim of racial profiling."

Moultrie denied any further comment in the matter, but

"We don't condone the wrong that a person has done, we just don't believe he would have told a lie about something of that magnitude. We're not saying a person is incapable of lying. Just from his character, we don't think he would have lied about something like that. In all fairness, to the NAACP and the community, we will watch the video and have a conversation with our NAACP President," Timmonsville NAACP Officer Henry James Dixon said.

"Based on Rev. Moultrie's character and, I wouldn't have served as his vice president if I felt that he was a liar. I just wouldn't do that. But I know he has worked very hard, very diligently, in bringing back together this branch of the NAACP. And we realize everything that the NAACP is about, and it's not about that," said Timmonsville NAACP Officer Kenneth McAllister.

Neither Dixon or McAllister said they saw the video as of Monday evening, but said Moultrie was a man of God and worked hard to re-establish the NAACP’s presence in Timmonsville.

"Based on the integrity of Rev. Moultrie, I really don't feel that he has a reason to lie about what he saw. Because he doesn't have any ill intent against anyone. I spent a lot of time with him and I just know his character," said Dixon.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/national-news/body-camera-released-after-a-sc-naacp-president-says-he-was-racially-profiled#/

Link to article with the video.

Is his last name Bennett by any chance? Sounds familiar. Oh no, that was another race bating liar I had him mixed up with.

False charges of racism should be treated the same was as false charges of rape. Lock him up.

Cops know their streets.

He was buying drugs. End of story.

Is every member of the NAACP a "Reverend"? lol

False charges of racism should be treated the same was as false charges of rape. Lock him up.

Cops know their streets.

He was buying drugs. End of story.

Absolutely he should. Being branded a racist alters one's life tremendously. There should be consequences for false claims.

There is a new day dawning in America where it is considered criminal to be white skinned and Christian.

QKjiKWI.jpg

9tarOVs.png

2018 aughta be a hoot....

Hate_Is_all_You_Need.jpg
2UcHN12.jpg

DddWNf6U0AEIUb4.jpg

More proof of the victim mentality created by identity politics. People lining up to be victims. Easier than working, I guess.

"Once I got a copy of that body cam, it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back 100 years because think about all of the racial profiling cases [that] are true," said Waters.

that is the worst part about. this.

Exactly. It's the boy who cried wolf all over again.....

There are a couple problems with this. First, it does nothing to advance racial equality. All it does is hurt that cause. Second, no one on the left denounces this ****. It just gets glossed over, no big deal. If you are truly fighting for equality or social justice as it is framed today, then you have to denounce this stuff when it happens. It doesn't help anyone to allow this to go on unchecked.

Last edited:
Was looking to see if Jerrod Moultrie has come out with a comment or an explanation then saw this article. I think the text in bold says it best, from an African American man:

S.C. NAACP investigating discrepancies in racial profiling claim by local NAACP leader

Timmonsville, S.C. (WPDE) — The South Carolina State Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is investigating discrepancies in claims by the Timmonsville NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie that he was racially profiled by a Timmonsville police officer back on April 13 during a traffic stop, according to S.C. NAACP Executive Director Dwight James.

Recently released body cam video from the officer who stopped Moultrie seems to contradict Moultrie's claims in a Facebook posting that he was mistreated by the officer.

James said Moultrie reported to the state branch a few weeks ago that he was racially profiled.

James added they've gotten a number of social media messages about discrepancies in Moultrie's story and what the body cam video shows.

"We're investigating to verify the details as presented by the President of local branch there, Pastor Moultrie, and of course, validating the police account," said James.

Moultrie was stopped by the officer near his home back on April 13 for failing to use a turn signal and a problem with his license plate, according to police.

Moultrie's post said, "Tonight, I was racially profiled by Timmonsville Officer CAUSE I WAS DRIVING A MERCEDES BENZ AND GOING HOME IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD."

Moultrie recounted his conversation with the officer in the post.

He said the officer asked him if there were any drugs inside his car.

Moultrie said in that post the officer told him, "I am doing you a favor tonight not taking you to jail or writing you a ticket."

Florence community activist Timothy Waters said when he saw Moultrie's Facebook posting it made him very upset that a black person could be racially profiled for driving a nice car in a nice neighborhood.

Waters said he went to the Timmonsville Police Department to get take a look at a copy of the officer's dash and body cam video.

He added when he saw the video, he became even more upset, but not at the officer, but at Moultrie.

Waters said the body cam video totally contradicts what Moultrie posted on Facebook.

He said the officer was very pleasant and kind to Moultrie during the entire four minute traffic stop.

"Once I got a copy of that body cam it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back. 100 years because think about all of the racial profiling cases that are true," said Waters.

Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown said Moultrie contacted him the morning after the traffic stop with claims that he was racially profiled and mistreated by the officer.

"He made a comment that the officer accused him of having drugs in the car. He said that his wife and grand child was in the car. He asked them not to move because the officer looked as if he might, shoot them or something. He also made mention that the officer continue to ask him about his neighborhood. Why was he in that neighborhood? And threaten to put him in jail in reference to something dealing with the registration to the vehicle," said Chief Brown.

Brown said he investigated, reviewed the body cam video and determined there was nothing to Moultrie's claims.

"When I saw the video, I was shocked that someone who is supposed to be a community leader, a pastor and head of the NAACP, would just come out with a blatant lie. It bothered me, it really bothered me thinking about the racial unrest it could've cost in the community, and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that would come out and just tell a lie. There was a time where I was a victim as a police chief, I was a victim of racial profiling," added Brown.

Not quite. He's just making up for all the cases that were not caught on camera. The police are always wrong and the brotherman is always oppressed. Getting even with The Man, it's all good.