• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee Harris Pokes Fun at Pittsburgh Media

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers are already getting a taste of what first-round pick Najee Harris is all about. Harris, a first-team All-American from the University of Alabama, has consistently garnished a strong reputation as not only being an incredible competitor, but also being a great human being. This was on display during his first press conference following Rookie Minicamp when Harris was asked a few questions about his performance on the field.

After Harris was asked about a one-handed catch he made during practice, he responded, “You guys were here? Man, I thought y’all were boosters!”. Harris, who played at one of the most prestigious college football programs in the nation, more than likely saw his fair share of spectators at practices during his college career. However, practices in the NFL are not open to any individuals except the media, so his comments were quite funny when hearing them in retrospect.

This guy
🤣
🤣
🤣
🤣
@ohthatsNajee22 pic.twitter.com/UinQ5ZyvV2

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) May 15, 2021

Harris also was asked if his senior year in college helped him grow as a pass catcher and allowed him to fine-tune his skills so he could make great plays like the one-handed catch he made in practice. He then jokingly said, “Bro… What? I always do that! Not to brag or nothing, but what the heck? It wasn’t luck, but since y’all were watching I’ll do it again. No, I’m just joking. It’s not something I work on, it’s just something I’ve been doing since middle school. I’ve got big hands.”

Harris, who clearly is a very light-hearted individual, seems to be fitting in just fine in Pittsburgh and the fans and media seem to be getting a kick out of the high energy rookie already. If his energy on the practice field and during interviews can translate to Sundays in the fall, then Steelers fans should be jumping for joy to see Harris on the field for the next 5 to 10 years.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Local media just getting warmed up...keep your head on a swivel, Rookie.

However, practices in the NFL are not open to any individuals except the media, so his comments were quite funny when hearing them in retrospect.

And the person New England hires as a media person.

From the 4 part YT series and his interviews, he strikes me as a kid who doesn't back down from a challenge, from anyone/anything.

Have a feeling we're gonna love this guy.