• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nationalism vs. Globalism

When the resources or products can be produced by a nation, I say do it.

It keeps the jobs, money and quality control where you want it. And it's a hedge against a shortage in case of bad relations or unfair tariffs. That to me is nationalism.

If the resources or products can not be produced by a nation, there is always fair trade.

If the products produced here are inferior or in demand here, fine import them, but include a small tariff tax if the trade level is not fair.

Globalism to me is dangerous, as foreign interest, and foreign corporations pollute and fill the pockets of our politicians, often undermining what the USA stands for. In fact, I'm 100% for capping foreign donations for our politicians to a very low level. You'd have to wonder what Hillary's quid quo pro was with Iran and Saudi Arabia as they gave her 25 million that the media is reporting under the sham of a charitable foundation that gives very little to charity.

This one government concept is about control, and global warming might be a cover for it. When all nations have freedom and tolerance on our levels, such a concept can be discussed, but we are not even close to being there.

Globalism is that "race to the bottom" that Democrats complain about, yet curiously they have become the party of free trade and Republicans the party of protectionism.
Probably has something to do with the Dems abandoning private sector unions.