• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nazi germany / mark of the beast, anyone?

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
Besides the obvious of what I mention in the subject line, anyone else see how moronic the process of this is and opens up to ALL kinds of identity theft?!?!
How is getting something sent to you in the mail more "secure" than being handed to you in person?!?!?
I am at a loss with this one and I weep for us and our children.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/NEWDL-ID/

In an effort to ensure greater security and identity protection for customers, and to comply with federal regulations, the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles is introducing the new Ohio driver license and identification (DL-ID) card, effective July 2, 2018.

Customers will still go to a Deputy Registrar agency for DL-ID card renewal or other transaction(s), and will have the option to choose a Compliant DL-ID or a Standard DL-ID. The two options will require different identity documents.

Customers will receive their new DL-ID card in the mail within 10 business days after visiting a Deputy Registrar agency. An Ohio Interim Identification form will be issued to customers for use, while the new permanent DL-ID card is being processed and mailed. The Interim Identification form will expire 45 days after issuance.

COMPLIANT card

Meets national travel security requirements - a federally Compliant form of identification will be required to fly commercially or to access federal facilities or military bases.

Obtaining a Compliant card requires more identity documents than the Standard Card. You will need to provide documents to prove the following:

full legal name
date of birth
social security number
proof of Ohio residency
proof of legal presence

North Carolina does theirs the same way, and there haven't been any problems that I am aware of. Doesn't mean there won't be.

PA's driver's licenses do not meet the new ID requirements for air travel within the U.S.. Who the hell runs this state? You need a passport to board a domestic flight.

PA's driver's licenses do not meet the new ID requirements for air travel within the U.S.. Who the hell runs this state? You need a passport to board a domestic flight.

Mine still works

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the RIGHT to travel undeterred and unmolested without having to show my papers GUARANTEED to us as American citizens?

Mrs. Burgundy just got a new one and it's very different from mine.

That could be why. I got renued a little bit ago. I also got a passport ID card just in case given I fly so much.

Yep, California implemented the same policy. I could renew by mail and get the non-compliant card, or schedule a DMV appointment. Grrrr.

Brought my birth certificate, SS card (paper, torn up as **** since it's old), proof of residency. DMV guy was ultra cool. Looked at old license, checked documents, said, "No problem." Got California driver's license for the last time in my life, as move to beautiful Arizona just around the corner.

But this will get me on airplanes for the next 6 years ...

Yep, California implemented the same policy. I could renew by mail and get the non-compliant card, or schedule a DMV appointment. Grrrr.

Brought my birth certificate, SS card (paper, torn up as **** since it's old), proof of residency. DMV guy was ultra cool. Looked at old license, checked documents, said, "No problem." Got California driver's license for the last time in my life, as move to beautiful Arizona just around the corner.

Apparently the old PA license was too easy to fake according to the new Federal standards. The state got an extension once or twice until they could come up with a better one. Like they didn't know this was coming.

https://billypenn.com/2017/10/23/wh...-real-id-and-pa-drivers-licenses-at-airports/

Apparently the old PA license was too easy to fake according to the new Federal standards. The state got an extension once or twice until they could come up with a better one. Like they didn't know this was coming.

https://billypenn.com/2017/10/23/wh...-real-id-and-pa-drivers-licenses-at-airports/
I know the really old PA license, printed on a dot matrix printer, was extremely secure. However, I heard that some people changed their birthdates by changing the 62 to a 60 just by scratching off a dot in the middle with an X-Acto knife and adding a couple along the outside with a really sharp pencil. Sounds like an urban legend. I imagine that this, coupled with a Pitt picture student ID, was pretty good ID for a lot of things..

In ‘89 I got a fake I.D. just using a copy of someone’s birth certificate and a utility bill. A ******* doorman at a bar by Indiana University asked me what my zodiac sign was. I guessed wrong and he took it. That mfer. You’ve gotta be a real dick to memorize zodiac signs just to spot a fake I.D.

AZ is essentially the same and requires the additional documentation to get the federally mandated drivers license. If you just renew, you get the non-compliant one.
Crazy thing about AZ is that if you are under 60 or 65, your license seems to be good forever. I moved here when I was 32 and my license was good for 25 years.

I bought a CA dl off a dude in the dorms at Long Beach State in the late eighties. After waiting in line for an hour at a Red Onion, the doorman takes the id, looks at it, looks at me and says ‘ You know what sucks? I know this ******* guy! Get your *** outta here.’

I know the really old PA license, printed on a dot matrix printer, was extremely secure. However, I heard that some people changed their birthdates by changing the 62 to a 60 just by scratching off a dot in the middle with an X-Acto knife and adding a couple along the outside with a really sharp pencil. Sounds like an urban legend. I imagine that this, coupled with a Pitt picture student ID, was pretty good ID for a lot of things..

Yeah, with the old non-photo DL's you could cut the top with the dates off with a razor blade, replace it with the top from an older bud's DL, laminate it, and it was pretty hard to tell. I looked so young I was never going to fool anyone, hell I got carded regularly until I was 30. Luckily I live close to OH and WV where the drinking age at the time was 18.

Just another way for the Feds to further try and minimize States rights.

In ‘89 I got a fake I.D. just using a copy of someone’s birth certificate and a utility bill. A ******* doorman at a bar by Indiana University asked me what my zodiac sign was. I guessed wrong and he took it. That mfer. You’ve gotta be a real dick to memorize zodiac signs just to spot a fake I.D.

When I was in the Navy, we had a yeoman who would make a fake copy of your birth certificate and then certify it. I took that and then got a legitimate Cali ID. I had the cops called a few times on me by bartenders, cops came and verified, got free drinks.

The dude eventually got caught, but never ratted out those who paid him. Smart move was to add a step between you and the illegal document, that and to NEVER CARRY the fake ID with you on base.

AZ is essentially the same and requires the additional documentation to get the federally mandated drivers license. If you just renew, you get the non-compliant one.
Crazy thing about AZ is that if you are under 60 or 65, your license seems to be good forever. I moved here when I was 32 and my license was good for 25 years.

You speak the truth. Mrs. Steeltime now has her Az license.

Did not know about the eternal license - I am under 60, so here's hoping!! Know why California requires renewal? Safety? Yeah, no. Fees.

I bought a CA dl off a dude in the dorms at Long Beach State in the late eighties. After waiting in line for an hour at a Red Onion, the doorman takes the id, looks at it, looks at me and says ‘ You know what sucks? I know this ******* guy! Get your *** outta here.’

Hey, as I like to say, "What are the odds? Apparently pretty good."

In Flawda we have to present an original birth certificate....not photo-copied or a facsimile.

Identity, e.g. U.S. birth certificate, permanent resident card, or citizenship certificate.
Social Security number (SSN), e.g. Social Security card, paycheck, 1099 form.
If you don't have a SSN, you will need to provide a letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) and a secondary proof of identity.
FL residential address (2 documents), e.g. rental agreement, insurance policy, bank statement.