• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New mayor of the Burgh

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
https://triblive.com/news/politics-election/peduto-holds-early-lead-in-pittsburgh-mayoral-race/

Congrats to Mr. Gainey on his historical election day victory for the mayor race in the city of Pittsburgh.

His voting record indicates to me that he is a moderate Dem and hopefully a improvement over Peduto.
Also, he has the backing of my homeboys that are fortunate enough to continue to reside in Pittsburgh.

Mr. Gainey has to be step-up from Peduto...he's from the same neck of the woods (East Liberty) and high school alum (Peabody, now known as Barack Obama Academy) as I was... :)

There are no moderate Democrat politicians. 30 years ago Rush Limbaugh pointed out Democrats always campaign to the center but always governors to the left when they get power.

Time will tell...

My opinion is mostly second hand an from afar...
I trust the opinion of the guys I grew up on this one.

Don't know how much you know about politics in Pittsburgh DBS, but it been a long time since a conservative republican sat in the mayors office there. It has been 87 years as a matter of fact since the last Repub was elected .

As mentioned when I looked at his voting record he is definitely more moderate in his voting record than Peduto was. And that's as close you will get to having a conservative as mayor in Pittsburgh.

I guess all you can do is hope for the best. Hope and change baby! Hope and change.

If he paints over Peduto’s bike lane lines, I’m good with it.