• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Newest Addition

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
516G2-Patrol-FDE_detail-Hero.jpg

This purdy little thing just arrived at my gun dealer's shop today. Gotta be smithed to comply with NJ's idiotic AR rules (extra $150 to be compliant). Range report to follow shortly.

ark steel

Reaction score
Racial hate is rife throughout your post.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
**** their rules. I am a non comply kinda guy..haha..

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
**** their rules. I am a non comply kinda guy..haha..

It's for safety. They say the scary looking flash suppressor is off limits, and we all know how much an adjustable stock adds to the lethality of a weapon. They may have saved my life with their legislation.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Nice. If you feel like coming down to SC for a week, I know where you can go hunting some wild boar. ;)

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's for safety. They say the scary looking flash suppressor is off limits, and we all know how much an adjustable stock adds to the lethality of a weapon. They may have saved my life with their legislation.

The adjustable stock coupled with the pistol grip makes me wonder why this weapon hasn't come to life and started killing people of its own accord.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, you bought a purty gun that's too dangerous for the Jersey libs ER4P...how bout tellin' us stupid people what the hell it is, what does it fire and how many gubmint agencies are on their way to take it from ya.

Oh....I mean, tell us how you already lost it in transit.

I'm wondering if that suppressor will fit my Mosin ?
View attachment 55

Last edited:

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Alright, you bought a purty gun that's too dangerous for the Jersey libs ER4P...how bout tellin' us stupid people what the hell it is, what does it fire and how many gubmint agencies are on their way to take it from ya.

Oh....I mean, tell us how you already lost it in transit.

I'm wondering if that suppressor will fit my Mosin ?
View attachment 55

My apologies. That is a Sig516 Patrol chambered in 5.56. They say the gas system on it is great, allegedly fires in any condition. I'll be the judge of that.

Vader

Reaction score
My apologies. That is a Sig516 Patrol chambered in 5.56. They say the gas system on it is great, allegedly fires in any condition. I'll be the judge of that.

The ATF will be the judge of that.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

I had to look it up even though Sig Sauer is a pretty common name. I'm impressed, that thing is a survivalists dream. The 5.56x45 is a NATO round and readily available cheap ( $200/500 rnds ). Nice gun ER4P, good choice.

Don't throw that suppressor away....never mind, that's a muzzle break you have, not a flash suppressor. I don't know why you would have to take that off..it's legal, as far as I know. All it does is control muzzle lift, a suppressor is illegal because it hides the flash..can't be havin' that ****. That break helps with long range accuracy too, I'd leave it on if possible.

Here's a demonstration with a mosin to see the difference in flash with and without a suppressor.
http://www.ask.com/youtube?q=flash+suppressor+for+mosin+nagant&v=pfSFFZTDpuQ&qsrc=472

Last edited:

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn that looks purdy their Ed. What's something like that run ya? From a gun noob, are you allowed taking weapons like that to the range of you have to take that out to the woods?

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Agree with Chip, Ed.....no way I take a saw to that....or allow anyone else to. You reeeaaaallly need to do exhaustive research on the issue and see if there is any way possible to keep that gun intact.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
It was driving me crazy Rod, so I looked it up. Jersey is draconian fur shur .........

II. Guidelines

New Jersey law lists firearms that are prohibited "assault firearms." N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1w.(1). In addition, the law provides that the term "assault firearm" includes, "Any firearm manufactured under any designation which is substantially identical to any of the firearms listed" in the law. N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1w.(2). Thus, a firearm is an assault firearm if it is included on the list of banned firearms or if it is manufactured under a different designation than a firearm on the list but is "substantially identical" to a specific listed firearm.

A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be "substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it meets the below listed criteria:

A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

a folding or telescoping stock;
a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
a bayonet mount;
a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
a grenade launcher;

That's some bullshit there, Ed's right ...either he fixes some stuff or he can't take delivery, I would guess. Even though he doesn't have a flash suppressor, he has the capability to add one....that's bullshit !!! Get outta there ER4P, before they start their monthly weapons inspections.

So ya pay over a grand for a nice rifle, then you have to cut the barrel and change the stock...is that what I'm hearin' ?

Last edited:

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Agree with Chip, Ed.....no way I take a saw to that....or allow anyone else to. You reeeaaaallly need to do exhaustive research on the issue and see if there is any way possible to keep that gun intact.

Nothing I can do. Dealer can't legally give it to me without it done. He says its a flash suppressor, and they are replacing it with a muzzle break. I'm more pissed about the adjustable stock getting pinned. Who the hell thinks up these laws?

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing I can do. Dealer can't legally give it to me without it done. He says its a flash suppressor, and they are replacing it with a muzzle break. I'm more pissed about the adjustable stock getting pinned. Who the hell thinks up these laws?

Yeh, I hear ya. I still can't figure out the break vs suppressor thing but the law confuses things even more when it mentions the threaded barrel. You for sure have a threaded barrel...

The muzzle is threaded with a standard (0.5x28TPI) pattern to accommodate a wide variety of flash suppressors, muzzle brakes and suppressors.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/05/jim-barrett/gun-review-sig-sauer-516-patrol-rifle/

and now I found this....

Barrels feature an A2 flash suppressor and are threaded ½x28 TPI, allowing the SIG516 to adapt to a number of aftermarket accessories and suppressor mounts. All upper assemblies are shipped with a recoil buffer and action spring.
http://www.sigsauer.com/StoreProductList/sig516-uppers-for-ar-15m16m4-106.aspx

So your gun dealer is correct..Does that mean they pin the stock and weld the break on ...what's to keep you from switching it back as soon as you get home. The law specifically includes the "threaded barrel" to prevent that. Damn the stupid laws.

Last edited:

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
If one were so inclined I'm sure they could take a trip to PA and buy a replacement barrel. Pain in the dick tip though. Of course the cops are free from all this nonsense even on their personal firearms. I personally think we need to pass laws in NJ that the cops have the same restrictions, then they'll be fighting this nonsense too.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
If one were so inclined I'm sure they could take a trip to PA and buy a replacement barrel. Pain in the dick tip though. Of course the cops are free from all this nonsense even on their personal firearms. I personally think we need to pass laws in NJ that the cops have the same restrictions, then they'll be fighting this nonsense too.

Couldn't you just paint your truck black and white and call it a day ?

I feel for ya, that's a lot of cash to spend for a great weapon, only to have to butcher it before you can take it home.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
how many rounds are you allowed to have loaded? How many minorities have you killed with it so far?

Rod Farva

Reaction score
The minorities and children are just lucky Ed didn't get the grenade launcher. Oh wait, that's illegal too.....rofl.....what a state.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
So she arrived from the smith last weekend. Barrel and muzzle break look outstanding. Slight rattle in the stock which will remind me of the idiotic NJ laws every time I hear it. Will be replacing with a fixed stock shortly. No chance to get to the range yet, so no clue how she shoots. But she sure is purdy.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The adjustable stock coupled with the pistol grip makes me wonder why this weapon hasn't come to life and started killing people of its own accord.

I wish we still had rec's available ... DBS would get 1 from me for this one.