• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL players can be pretty damn stupid - Another Pot Bust

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
smoking in a car is dumb enough...smoking in a maserati without plates is ******* idioitic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-houston-texans-arrested-marijuana-possession

Texans receiver Jaelen Strong was arrested by police in Arizona for possession of marijuana late Sunday, booked into jail and then released later without being charged.

According to the Scottsdale, Arizona, police department, Strong was riding in a black Maserati driven by Packers cornerback Damarious Randall when police stopped the car because it did not have a visible license plate. During the traffic stop, officers smelled the odor of marijuana, which is legal in Arizona only for medical purposes, and questioned Randall, Strong and a third passenger, Brayon Colley, about the odor.

Strong admitted to having marijuana without a medical marijuana card, then gave an officer a cigar box with three marijuana cigarettes in it. He was arrested while Randall and Colley were released at the scene. Strong will receive a summons if prosecutors decide to pursue charges.

Strong declined to comment when reached by phone.

Rick Smith, the team's general manager and executive vice president of football operations, said Monday that the Texans were aware of the incident involving Strong.

"We are disappointed in the choices Jaelen made to put himself in this situation,'' Smith said in a statement. "We will have no further comment at this time.''

The Texans selected Strong in the third round of the 2015 draft. Houston traded up to take him and slowly worked him into a role on the offense. He played in 10 games and made 14 catches on 24 targets, including three receiving touchdowns.

Texans star receiver DeAndre Hopkins said he called Strong today to offer support.

"I think it's something that he can learn from to make him a better person on and off the field," Hopkins said. "I talked to him and I told him that plenty of people that went on to be great football players after making decisions like this in life, so don't get down and use this for motivation to come out and be a better person and player.

"I think he listened. He's a very intelligent young man. I definitely don't see him having any more troubles off the field against. He's definitely learned from his mistakes."

Texans coach Bill O'Brien praised Strong last week.

"He came into rookie minicamp right after the draft ... a little bit out of shape, little bit over weight," O'Brien said. "You know we mentioned it to him a few times, and he really took it upon himself to get in better condition, to lose weight, to learn our offense and by the end of the year he was playing pretty well for us and we believe that he has a really good future for us."

Randall was the Packers' first-round pick in the 2015 draft. The 30th overall selection from Arizona State started nine regular-season games plus both playoff contests and led the team with four interceptions (including postseason). He was named the NFL's defensive rookie of the month for November.

Randall's agent, Dave Butz, could not be immediately reached for comment about his client's role in the incident.