• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Scouting Combine Day 3 Winners And Losers

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Day 3 of the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine testing and drills is officially in the books. Both Day 1 and Day 2 had a lot of players who managed to help their draft stock, as well as a couple that hurt it.

Now, let’s take a look to see which running backs and offensive linemen helped or hurt themselves the most on day number 2.

Winners​

Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia​

A 4.78s 40 yard dash at 341lbs. I could stop right there and that would justify his spot on this list. However, Davis also impressed in the field drills with his agility and endurance keeping a strong motor throughout the day. He cemented himself as a high first round pick, and could slide into the top 10.

Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia​

Wyatt is used excelling in the shadow of his teammate Davis, and continued to do that on Saturday. Wyatt bested his teammates 40 yard time by 0.01s, and at 304lbs that just as impressive. Wyatt showed very good change of direction ability in field drills which should help him show he is scheme versatile at the next level.

Travis Jones, DT, UConn​

Not sure I remember seeing this many 300lb+ guys running this fast in the past. But Jones adds to the already impressive list clocking a 4.92s 40 at 324lbs. He also did well in the on-field drills, looking like one of the most athletic 300lbs on the field. Being able to show he is a good enough athlete compared to the other prospects could vault him up drafts boards ahead of some of the other big names.

Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia​

Needless to say, every one of the Georgia defensive linemen had a good day. Walker posted a 4.51s 40 yard dash at 272lbs, as well as dominating the on-field work. I’d argue he had the best on field performance for a defensive lineman that I have seen since Myles Garrett was drafted.

Troy Anderson, LB, Montana State​

After the Senior Bowl, Anderson was starting to get some hype around him as a potential mid-round steal. After a tremendous combine where he ran a 4.41s 40 yard dash and impressed in the field drills, that hype train isn’t going to slow down. As a former QB he has a high football IQ making these testing numbers a solid combo for a mid-round pick.

Amare Barno, EDGE, Virginia Tech​

“Want to see me break a 40 record? … Want to see me do it again?” That is probably what Barno was saying after posting the best 40 time for a front 7 player every at the combine. Barno isn’t a polished player and relied heavily on athleticism in college, so proving he’s an exceptional athlete was key for his draft stock.

Losers​

Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE, South Carolina​

A lot of this list isn’t people who actually did that poorly, but instead people who just didn’t help themselves when the rest of the group did for the most part. That is the case with Enagbare, as coming in at just 258lbs he needed to perform better throughout the entire day. He only ran a 4.87s 40 yard dash, which isn’t bad, but looks poor compared to the field. He looked somewhat comfortable in his field drills, but had more struggles than most when it came to changing direction.

DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M​

Running a poor 40 yard dash (5.00s) is far from a death nail from an interior defensive lineman like Leal. However, when several players that outweigh him by 20-60lbs end up running faster and looking more explosive in drills, it becomes a question mark for other teams if he has the necessary athleticism to compete at the next level. Leal has shown great flashes on tape, but he needed a good performance to keep his name in Day 2 consideration.

Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati​

Sanders is on this list for something out of his control for the most part. Sanders lost 30lbs+ between the end of his football season and combine, but a lot of that is likely to be a recent and temporary loss. It has been reported he has been dealing with an illness for several days and was having trouble eating food and keeping it down. We all know how that goes. Overall his weight and performance were both very disappointing. While it may not hurt his draft stock if he rebounds at his Pro Day when he is back to 100%, just unfortunate for a player that could use all the help he could get.

Let us know who you think impresses throughout the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, and be sure to check back in for more updates as the rest of the prospects perform!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I am hoping they get one of those Dline prospects early. Really critical they hit free agency out of the park so they aren't tempted to slightly reach over higher value.

Leal had a poor showing, from that take. add in he has legal issues in his most-recent past and you can scratch him off the board.