• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nikki Haley Chosen as U.N. Ambassador

Spike

Reaction score
President-elect Donald J. Trump on Wednesday named Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina as his choice to become ambassador to the United Nations, adding to his prospective cabinet a former critic with whom he had sparred bitterly.

Her selection was first reported by the The Post and Courier newspaper in Charleston, S.C. The news of Ms. Haley’s selection came after days of criticism of Mr. Trump’s early picks as a homogeneous bloc of older, white men. If confirmed, Ms. Haley would step down as governor and be replaced by the state’s lieutenant governor, Henry McMaster, who was an early and vocal supporter of Mr. Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-un-ambassador.html?_r=0

------------------------

Liberals SHOCKED that Trump would hire a minority woman.

She must be a Nazi too.

Trump Ally Promoted to Governor After Nikki Haley's Appointment

Now that South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has a new job, eyes are on her successor. Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster will be assuming the governorship as Haley prepares to become President-elect Donald Trump's ambassador to the United Nations.

Despite being part of the party "establishment," McMaster endorsed Trump way back in January, calling him a "man of accomplishment" who has a "quiet compassion" for those in need. As such, Trump can expect to have a cooperative friend and partner in South Carolina.

It's a win-win for President-elect Trump.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...ernor-after-nikki-haleys-appointment-n2249578

------------------------

Safe space! Safe space!

Trump should now appoint Joe Manchin to something minor ...

First, he is an old-time conservative, pro-2nd Amendment Democrat.

Second, West Virginia would then have (R) Bill Cole. speaker of the House, take over as Governor since the state does not have a Lieutenant Governor.

That would make it 34 Republican governors nationwide - a magic number.

Trump should now appoint Joe Manchin to something minor ...

First, he is an old-time conservative, pro-2nd Amendment Democrat.

Second, West Virginia would then have (R) Bill Cole. speaker of the House, take over as Governor since the state does not have a Lieutenant Governor.

That would make it 34 Republican governors nationwide - a magic number.

Manchin isn't the governor, he's the Senator.

Ms. Haley would step down as governor and be replaced by the state’s lieutenant governor, Henry McMaster, who was an early and vocal supporter of Mr. Trump.

Hmmm?

Its amazing how the country's political machine continues to roll along....no matter whose the current "change agent" in charge....

The UN doesn't mean much these days. However, I still like the concept of every nation getting a chance to speak in this type of format.

Niki Haley does not impress me. Trump could have picked better. I would have gone with Rudy G, if he wanted it. He's mister NY, and won't allow smear.

No, Trump's doing the right thing. He's appointing a woman and a minority woman at that to a top cabinet position. Furthermore, she's someone who's shown that she's disagreed with him in the past and he's disagreed with HER on immigration no less. He's being VERY politically savvy.

Putting Guiliani in there would just be fuel on the "Good ole boy's" fire.

No, Trump's doing the right thing. He's appointing a woman and a minority woman at that to a top cabinet position. Furthermore, she's someone who's shown that she's disagreed with him in the past and he's disagreed with HER on immigration no less. He's being VERY politically savvy.

Putting Guiliani in there would just be fuel on the "Good ole boy's" fire.

It is a great maneuver because it is a short term win/win and if she is a bust, well, its the UN stupid. Who cares?

The UN doesn't mean much these days. However, I still like the concept of every nation getting a chance to speak in this type of format.

Niki Haley does not impress me. Trump could have picked better. I would have gone with Rudy G, if he wanted it. He's mister NY, and won't allow smear.

The UN has never done much more than give a legitimized forum to despots and tin horn dictators and siphon off US taxpayer money.

The UN has never done much more than give a legitimized forum to despots and tin horn dictators and siphon off US taxpayer money.

While that is true, we have the home court. I'd like to keep it, and hearing what dictators say is a powerful reminder of freedom comes at a cost.