• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No surprise - 60 Minutes royally beclowns themselves last night

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't watch 60 Minutes, have not done so for at least 20 years. But the show came on last night immediately after the conclusion of the Masters and I could not help but watch the first story - examining Saudi Arabia for "sportswashing" its sins.

Basically, "sportswashing" is a term meaning to spend vast amounts of money and resources on sports to distract the public from the blatant incompetence, dishonesty and theft by the political class.

SAUDI ARABIA IS ENGAGED IN SPORTSWASHING??

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Hey, look, US citizens, the Super Bowl Series Final Four Stanley Lombardi playoffs!!!

Maybe those stupid, lazy, contemptible sock-puppets for the ruling class should take a look at US politicians.

I don't watch 60 Minutes, have not done so for at least 20 years. But the show came on last night immediately after the conclusion of the Masters and I could not help but watch the first story - examining Saudi Arabia for "sportswashing" its sins.

Basically, "sportswashing" is a term meaning to spend vast amounts of money and resources on sports to distract the public from the blatant incompetence, dishonesty and theft by the political class.

SAUDI ARABIA IS ENGAGED IN SPORTSWASHING??

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Hey, look, US citizens, the Super Bowl Series Final Four Stanley Lombardi playoffs!!!

Maybe those stupid, lazy, contemptible sock-puppets for the ruling class should take a look at US politicians.
Saudi arabia took a page from our book

Bread and circuses, someone once said.
As I recall, it didn’t end well for him.

The dumbing down and influencing of a population takes many interesting and calculated forms.
Senate Republicans expressed fury Monday that reporter Matt Taibibi's home was visited by the IRS the same day he testified in Congress against government censorship on Twitter. We've jumped the shark. If the Founders who wrote the U.S. Constitution were alive today they'd be on the FBI's watch list.

The dumbing down necessarily needs a willing pliable participant....no?

1a12600d2791f17b5898d7185008df02.jpg
th

Senate Republicans expressed fury Monday that reporter Matt Taibibi's home was visited by the IRS the same day he testified in Congress against government censorship on Twitter. We've jumped the shark. If the Founders who wrote the U.S. Constitution were alive today they'd be on the FBI's watch list.

The dumbing down necessarily needs a willing pliable participant....no?

1a12600d2791f17b5898d7185008df02.jpg
th
That, in addition to countless other methods of intimidation (or much worse), will certainly teach those interested in investigating their leads to consider looking the other way. We're most definitely f'd when the power of the press is muted by the powers that be.