• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Noooooooooo please don’t do it.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
More than a dozen celebrities including Kim Kardashian West, Katy Perry, Michael B. Jordan and Ashton Kutcher said they will participate in a 24-hour Instagram "freeze" on Wednesday as part of the "Stop Hate For Profit" movement "in protest of Facebook's repeated failures to address hate speech and election disinformation on their platforms."

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...2Nb3CjDivdcCMP3ungY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

I just hope and pray the NBA (Nordic Baton Acrobats) playoffs are not subject to the boycott. God, to think I would have to make it 24 hours with the erudition and brilliance of Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, and Michael Jordan while simultaneously agonizing over the loss of those brilliant baton demonstrations!?!?!?

c2589925add5cebf5dccfc20cf45e213.gif

Stunning ✓
Brave ✓

I can't wait to miss that. ****, I don't even have Instagram.

By noon, they'll all be pacing like meth addicts needing a fix.

Basically they are protesting against Freedom of Speech.

Yes, I desperately want Mark Zuckerberg to decide what I am allowed to read and what I'm not. Censorship please!

WTH kind of bizarro world are we living in?

Translation: They want your opinion censored.

What will happen is there will be a website, eventually, that will promote free speech. In other words, no censorship. A true "soap box on the corner" ideology where anyone can say pretty much anything (except for drastic stuff like promoting violence or causing panic). And what will the main stream media call such a website?

A radical right-wing site. That's exactly what they will call it. The left will continue to want to hang out in echo chambers with no discourse. No disagreement. No debate. Any such outbursts will immediately be labeled as racist, anti-science or a slew of other negative adjectives. So anyone that WANTS discourse and debate will flock to these so-called "right-leaning" websites, where true sharing of ideas (however outrageous) is actually taking place. And our country will become further divided. We'll have a highly censored left-leaning Facebook and a highly uncensored, anything goes, right-leaning Facebook.

I mean, I guess that could happen. And somehow the left will say "the Right" is in the echo chamber, after having driven every conservative ideology out of their groups calling them every vile name under the sun. Odd how that's all going to work out.