• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obama policy - giving poor US kids even less of a chance

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
This has to happen all over the place.
Mitchell said school officials told him four families — three from Guatemala and one from Honduras — recently released from immigration detention centers in Texas will be enrolling their kids in New Bedford public schools this fall.

The flood of immigrant students comes as the nation scrambles to absorb about 57,000 unaccompanied immigrant children who have swarmed across the country’s southern border since the fall. Gov. Deval Patrick said this week he wants to shelter some of those kids in Massachusetts after receiving a request from the Obama administration — a plan some say could tax local school budgets.

“We’re very concerned about an influx because our ability to support these students and their families will be compromised simply because we won’t be able to anticipate their needs,” said Elizabeth Barry, Brockton’s deputy superintendent of learning and teaching, who said the city has been hit already with an increase in students from Central America.

From - http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/07/schools_wary_of_immigrant_wave

When the US projects weakness in any area, it is exploited. Always. It will always come back to hurt us. This one hits home locally. The other things - Russia's renewed aggression, the forming Caliphate movement - they will hit home soon. Forget about the four dead Americans in Benghazi - Hillary says it doesn't matter why that happened, so let's just move on.

We need a big time changing of the guard in this government. I don't see it.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
I live 3 towns away from Brockton in MA.....we just passed an $800 a year per homeowner override on our property tax a year to improve our schools. I swear to God, if we bring these kids into this school district I will sell this home and move. I am so F'n fed up with the cries for money. These kids even get breakfast, lunch and dinner at school! What responsibility do their parents even have if housing, utilities and food are subsidized?!?!

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I live 3 towns away from Brockton in MA.....we just passed an $800 a year per homeowner override on our property tax a year to improve our schools. I swear to God, if we bring these kids into this school district I will sell this home and move. I am so F'n fed up with the cries for money. These kids even get breakfast, lunch and dinner at school! What responsibility do their parents even have if housing, utilities and food are subsidized?!?!
They will end up in the shittiest school districts that need the most money and there is no way that your taxes won't go up to cover it. And those ****** school districts are the most corrupt and that money won't make a dent, so they will be needing even more. Good luck Man.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
Lawrenceville VA is in my sales territory and I have made some really good friends down there. This is a small town that is dirt poor and does not have the resources to house a bunch of kids that don't speak a lick of English. They rose up and told the gubmint to take their plan and shove it so far up their ***** that it came out of their mouths. It worked. Too bad the retards in Massholeachushits don't have the spine to tell someone from DC to take those kids and put them in the basement of the White House. Hell maybe they could go to school with Sasha and Malaya. http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/149...-relocate-illegal-immigrant-children-back-dc/

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
My prediction - What will happen is that the schools that take these kids will get money from the government. Like I said, these are the schools most available to corruption, and the government will meet their metrics once the kids are deposited, so it's a winner for all involved - except the kids and our society. But who cares? They will grow up to be good dependent democrats.

Reaction score
It is going to be a **** storm in Virginia if they bring in these kids to our schools. In VA you have to have a certain average score on SOL's (Standards of Learning) or else your school is ******. I live in a very populated county that is rich on the west side and poor on the east side. Solution to having the schools on the east side score ok on the test? Put the gifted programs in the east side schools and bus in the kids from the west side. Its like the 50's only in reverse.

Bring in a few thousand kids that have never had a real education and lets see how those schools score. Yay America!

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
It is going to be a **** storm in Virginia if they bring in these kids to our schools. In VA you have to have a certain average score on SOL's (Standards of Learning) or else your school is ******. I live in a very populated county that is rich on the west side and poor on the east side. Solution to having the schools on the east side score ok on the test? Put the gifted programs in the east side schools and bus in the kids from the west side. Its like the 50's only in reverse.

Bring in a few thousand kids that have never had a real education and lets see how those schools score. Yay America!
Yeah that is a situation present all over the country - weird county/school districts spanning massively disparate tax bases where the one area basically funds everything and controls are in place so that the richer area can't do things for their area unless they can be done for the whole county/district. Now this influx of more needy kids will level everything even lower. It is a direct result of officially weak border control, and presidentially sanctioned flaccid immigration enforcement that emboldened the human smuggling that is landing all these kids and gang members at our doors. Get used to the term MS13. Coming to a neighborhood near you.

Stoney

Reaction score
New Bedford is a ****-hole, they may as well have stayed in Guatemala.

Reaction score
....... and presidentially sanctioned flaccid immigration enforcement that emboldened the human smuggling that is landing all these kids and gang members at our doors. Get used to the term MS13. Coming to a neighborhood near you.

yeah, oddly enough the poor part of my county has endured a huge influx of Central Americans in the past decade. When I first moved here 25 years ago the only time you would see a Mexican was if you went way out in the country and looked in the fields. Now they occupy every freaking dilapidated trailer in the hood. If we lose this battle over border security the influx will be the biggest asterisk in every American history book. Any chance we can annex a few states somewhere far away from DC?

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
yeah, oddly enough the poor part of my county has endured a huge influx of Central Americans in the past decade. When I first moved here 25 years ago the only time you would see a Mexican was if you went way out in the country and looked in the fields. Now they occupy every freaking dilapidated trailer in the hood. If we lose this battle over border security the influx will be the biggest asterisk in every American history book. Any chance we can annex a few states somewhere far away from DC?

I've got the plan. Wait 5-10 years. Move to Mexico. Then we can build a tiny wall to the south and a big one to the north. Mexico should be pretty empty by then.

Reaction score
I've got the plan. Wait 5-10 years. Move to Mexico. Then we can build a tiny wall to the south and a big one to the north. Mexico should be pretty empty by then.

Finally, someone with a plan. If I can bring my guns and a lot of sunscreen then I am in.