• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Obama will ask Trump to keep executive orders in place

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
In a meeting at the White House to prepare Mr. Trump for taking office, Mr. Obama will try to persuade the president-elect to honor what his aides call a “tradition” of preserving executive actions implemented by the departing chief executive.

“There is a tradition, particularly with regard to executive agreements of successive presidents preserving some element of continuity,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. “I don’t know whether or not that will apply in this case. But as a part of this effective, smooth transition, President Obama will have an opportunity to talk to President-elect Trump about some of the benefits of these policies.”

from - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/9/obama-will-ask-donald-trump-keep-executive-orders-/

Elections have consequences, right? I hope Trump doesn't go wobbly on this.

It became tradition BEFORE presidents used executive actions to circumvent the Congress. Time to start a new tradition.

Not sure how Bammy will ask but Trump will slice and dice like a TV commercial for the Ginsu.

I hope Trump does not treat it as a negotiation.

Nah, he'll just say something along the lines of "I can't make that promise" and blow him off. Obama is finished. He has no clout over anyone anymore. And he never really did, because he's such a *****.

Obama just cancelled the traditional photo op for today's meeting! That's great, it means Trump didn't roll over must have really pissed him off. Trump doesn't need a stinking photo with that piece of **** anyway.

Bitter Obamas are classless *******.

I'm enjoying every single moment of this!

GREATEST ELECTION EVAR!

WhiteHouseStaff.jpg

.....waaaaaaaaaaaaah

Obama just cancelled the traditional photo op for today's meeting! That's great, it means Trump didn't roll over must have really pissed him off. Trump doesn't need a stinking photo with that piece of **** anyway.

News reporting that the meeting took much longer than expected and Bammy might be late for the meeting with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

It became tradition BEFORE presidents used executive actions to circumvent the Congress. Time to start a new tradition.

No - they created it, now they will see how it feels to be on the other side

Obama greatly expanded the presidential powers including executive actions

Now the full power of those decisions will be Trump's to use without going through congress

'Stroke of the pen, law of the land' - how u like that Dems?

hahahahahahaha

Yeah, and when the Mrs. and I sell our house, I can ask the new owner to put a clown-car on the front lawn and label it "elfiePoloFakeEbonics."

Not going to happen, but I can ask, right?

Bitter Obamas are classless *******.

I'm enjoying every single moment of this!

GREATEST ELECTION EVAR!

WhiteHouseStaff.jpg

.....waaaaaaaaaaaaah

Every one of them is making at least $120k a year too.