• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ohio State Announces Complete Plan for Dwayne Haskins Tribute Today

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Over the weekend Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was tragically killed after he was struck by a dump truck. The Steelers haven’t announced what they plan to do to honor the fallen quarterback, but his alma mater Ohio State has formally announced their plans as of this afternoon.

Buckeyes Head Coach Ryan Day announced this morning what they plan to do for Haskins at Ohio Stadium this weekend. Prior to the game they will hold a moment of silence, and they will display symbolic references to Haskins memory. It’s likely #7 patches or stickers will be prominent throughout the field and stadium.

“We are going to do a little bit of a couple things to tribute for Dwayne, will be at the end of the first half,” Day said Thursday, via his Press Conference. “We’ll do a video for him and moment of silence before and still have a few other things that we’re going to do to recognize him, symbolically,” He continued. “It’ll be nice to have Buckeye Nation together for this event on Saturday to celebrate our team and the hard work we’ve put in this spring, but also to get everybody together to honor Dwayne.

“And I think that’s appropriate. So it’ll be a lot of excitement, but also some lot of moments in the day that’ll be deep thoughts based on just our memories with Dwayne and playing in that stadium.”

Day also noted that they will show a tribute video for Haskins at half time of the game. Day spoke earlier in the week about the tragic accident and noted how much Haskins meant to his family personally, on top of what he meant to Ohio State. Day’s son RJ considered Haskins an older brother. The two would often hang out including attending basketball games together.

“Some of my favorite memories are the day-to-day stuff. Some of those are private,” Day said. “I think my favorite game (with him) was the Maryland game. That was the game where he really grew up. I think he had three rushing touchdowns. That was back in his home state and he wasn’t going to be denied that day. He showed real toughness, which was something he wanted to prove to everybody — that he wasn’t just a throwing quarterback.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..