• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oops - 'Arctic Sea Ice A Whole Lot More Stable Than Scientists Predicted'

Spike

Reaction score
Despite dire predictions that the North Pole would be ice-free in the near future, Arctic Sea ice levels have been more stable than scientists predicted. So far this winter, Arctic Sea ice levels are above where they were at the same time last winter and are well within the the standard deviation of the 1981 to 2010 variation, according to daily sea ice data.

Europe’s CryoSat-2 satellite found that sea-ice volumes for the fall of 2014 were above the average extent for the last five years. Sea-ice levels were up sharply from 2011 and 2012, according to the satellite– only slightly lower than 2013 levels. In 2013, CryoSat-2 found that Arctic sea ice levels increased 50 percent at the end of the region’s melting season. Arctic sea-ice coverage reached 2,100 cubic miles by that time, up from 1,400 cubic miles during the same time in 2012.

“The Antarctic is actually growing and all the evidence in the last few months suggests many assumptions about the poles was wrong,” Dr. Benny Peiser, director of the Global Warming Policy Forum, told the U.K. Express. “Global sea ice is at a record high, another key indicator that something is working in the opposite direction of what was predicted,” Peiser said. “Most people think the poles are melting… they’re not. This is a huge inconvenience that reality is now catching up with climate alarmists, who were predicting that the poles would be melting fairly soon.”

It was not too long ago that climate scientists and environmental activists were predicting the Arctic would be ice-free by now.

Former Vice President Al Gore famously claimed in 2008 that the North Pole would be completely ice-free by 2013
a prediction that has been proven wildly inaccurate.

“Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years,” Gore said in 2008.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/05/a...ore-stable-than-scientists-al-gore-predicted/

Last edited:
The models accurately predicted the lack of accuracy of the models. Therefore, the models are to be believed.

And hey, it's not as if the entire AGW crowd base their proclamations of devastating consequences from fossil fuel use on inaccurate models.

Wait ...

cmip5-90-models-global-tsfc-vs-obs1.jpg

spencers-graph-models-vs-reality.png

I'm still trying to understand why, if the polar ice has melted so much, and if that melting is supposed to result in a catastrophic rise in sea levels, and since I live just a couple miles from the beach, why haven't I noticed that the tide line at the beach is even a LITTLE BIT higher than it used to be? Seems like since the warmists have been preaching this gloom and doom scenario for decades now, there should be some startling evidence of the oceans swallowing up coastlines, but I'm not aware of anywhere here in Florida where a single house or building on the beachfront has been lost because of rising seas attributed to global warming.

I'm still trying to understand why, if the polar ice has melted so much, and if that melting is supposed to result in a catastrophic rise in sea levels, and since I live just a couple miles from the beach, why haven't I noticed that the tide line at the beach is even a LITTLE BIT higher than it used to be? Seems like since the warmists have been preaching this gloom and doom scenario for decades now, there should be some startling evidence of the oceans swallowing up coastlines, but I'm not aware of anywhere here in Florida where a single house or building on the beachfront has been lost because of rising seas attributed to global warming.

Didn't Bomma say He would keep the oceans from rising back in 2008? See? See?

Didn't Bomma say He would keep the oceans from rising back in 2008? See? See?

That was the day he officially beat out Billary.

PoloElfie will swing by to correct this with email her handlers send her for just such purposes.

‘Fears of man-made global warming exaggerated’

MUMBAI: Two of three scientists at a session on climate change and society at the Indian Science Congress on Tuesday felt fears of man-made global warming were greatly exaggerated. Their presence at the conference was particularly significant in light of the current 'development-versus-environment' debates.

"While I agree that glaciers are melting because of global warming, if this is because of man, then what was the reason for the melting of the glaciers in the Gondwana period long before man arrived on the planet?" asked Dhruv Sen Singh, Centre of Advanced Study in Geology, University of Lucknow.

"Climate change is a natural phenomenon while pollution is caused by man. We are definitely accelerating the process of climate change, but we cannot predict the rate or extent of climate change that can be attributed to man," Singh said.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-warming-exaggerated/articleshow/45786412.cms

Turncoats, that's what they are, how we supposed to get ahold of enough money to balance things out across the globe if these guys keep tellin' them sheeple the truth ?

anyone who thinks they can predict the amount of ice that will be in a region as large as the North Pole at any point in the future is a ******* idiot. Anyone who believes that persons prediction is a fool.

anyone who thinks they can predict that the oceans level at any point in the future is a ******* idiot. Anyone who believes that persons prediction is a fool.

Sort of like the hole in the ozone. Remember that one? Doom and gloom until somebody pointed out: A) there is nothing at the poll that makes ozone. B) We had only had a satellite that could detect it recently and it may have always been there. This is a similar situation.

https://screen.yahoo.com/study-global-warming-pause-caused-175419858.html

"pause" caused by small volcanic eruptions.......don't those eruptions also spew out a boatload of CO2?

No one has quantified the emissions from volcanic activity, sea floor vents, natural land/sea venting, etc.

This is just another indication of the complex nature of nature, the lack of awareness of inputs, the lack of data for known inputs, etc.

It has and will remain an incomprehensible menagerie of stuff that mere humans will continue to struggle to understand for hundreds of years --- Nature!

No one has quantified the emissions from volcanic activity, sea floor vents, natural land/sea venting, etc.

This is just another indication of the complex nature of nature, the lack of awareness of inputs, the lack of data for known inputs, etc.

It has and will remain an incomprehensible menagerie of stuff that mere humans will continue to struggle to understand for hundreds of years --- Nature!

I think you mean that all this can be boiled down to a complex mathematical model, based upon inputs which are, themselves, modeled, and upon which we base our entire economic policy.

So the poles aren't melting, temperatures haven't risen in over a decade and polar bears aren't extinct? Shouldn't someone, somewhere be celebrating instead of telling everyone that "this too is bad"? Shouldn't this be proof that their eco nazi policies and controls are working? Nevermind; there's no money in that is there?

How dare you commit blasphemy against the eco prophet Al"I invented the Internet" Gore. Off will your head!