• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oppurtunity in America

The Left frowns upon this message.

$120K of that revenue per month should be shared with the homeless, mothers of 10 children that refuse to work, for housing subsidies, and Bomma phones.

This 8 year old is an evil 1 percenter. SHE didn't build that business, Bomma and Big Government did. Per Melissa Harris-Perry, this child is 'our child' and as such the revenue collected is our revenue and should be shared accordingly.

How dare SHE not address the wage gap in this country, while simultaneously paying for Sandra Fluke's contraception!?!

She's just as evil evil as Walmart.

The Left frowns upon this message.

$120K of that revenue per month should be shared with the homeless, mothers of 10 children that refuse to work, for housing subsidies, and Bomma phones.

This 8 year old is an evil 1 percenter. SHE didn't build that business, Bomma and Big Government did. Per Melissa Harris-Perry, this child is 'our child' and as such the revenue collected is our revenue and should be shared accordingly.

How dare SHE not address the wage gap in this country, while simultaneously paying for Sandra Fluke's contraception!?!

She's just as evil evil as Walmart.

Good stuff. BTW, has Michelle chimed in on whether the kid's using "Let's Move!"-approved ingredients?

Good stuff. BTW, has Michelle chimed in on whether the kid's using "Let's Move!"-approved ingredients?

Can you imagine those baked goods?

Parents appalled by gross lunch served at Virginia school

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...unch-served-virginia-school-article-1.2189116

Not even Chris Farley’s Lunch Lady would serve a Virginia school’s fish fillet this de-appetizing.

The platter at James Hurst Elementary is the school’s take on spicy cajun fish with brown rice, a dish criticized by concerned parents on social media, according to WAVY-TV.

In place of rice, like a Portsmouth Public Schools menu promised, there’s a few measly kernels of corn and a dinner roll.

The district’s administration is siding with the parents in this case.

“Poor lighting and food presentation make this lunch unappealing,” Jim Gehlhoff, the district’s food service coordinator, said in a statement to WAVY-TV.

He plans to have cafeteria staff go through training on how to present food to children.

As awful as the lunch looked, however, it meets all the nutritional and USDA requirements, Gehlhoff added.

lunch18n-1-web.jpg

That looks like a ******* snail.

I would go home hungry that day. First, I'm not eating that ****, second, I can't stand seafood of any kind.

Michelle Obama wouldn't eat that ****, but she expects you to. Yea, she is one of us.

Michelle Obama wouldn't eat that ****, but she expects you to. Yea, she is one of us.

If she did eat that **** her *** wouldn't be as wide as it is.

Mmm fried walleye....

Dude, life's too short to miss out on the glory of crab legs, oysters, clams, mussels, walleye, scallops, skate... Try it in small doses.

Not a chance. I'd go vegetarian first.

Burgundy, with all due respect, you're nuts! Try some crab legs, I promise you'll love them

Last edited:
Burgundy, with all due respect, you're nuts! Try some crab legs, I promise you'll love them

Can't get past the smell of seafood. I was traumatized by my childhood vacations in Wildwood, NJ where the entire town reeked of dead fish. My parents love that stuff. Me and my sister don't even want to be in the same house where it's being cooked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

She gets full credit for starting her business. But she wouldn't have that opportunity if the government hadn't invested in computers and networks that
led to the internet. Now look at the world-wide jobs that have been created from that government initial investment. The US Federal Government is
the biggest job creator in world history.

She gets full credit for starting her business. But she wouldn't have that opportunity if the government hadn't invested in computers and networks that
led to the internet. Now look at the world-wide jobs that have been created from that government initial investment. The US Federal Government is

You've gone off the reservation. The Government didn't create the computer. They might have invested in computers, but so too did millions of businesses, creating many more millions of jobs from computing than the Government has.

You should brush up on your knowledge of the origins of computing: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000984.htm

ARPANET and DARPANET are long considered the origins of today's internet. While the Defense Department drove the initiative in the 1960s, they didn't have the expertise in house to build the packet switching networks, and instead contracted with commercial businesses to build the network. From these networks, came many of the protocols (like TCP/IP) that were the basis of the Internet (not Al Gore....). In the 1980s, NSF funded 7 national super computing centers for Universities and provided inter-connectivity with NSFNET. This was all still Government and higher education limited.

It wasn't until private business got involved that we got to the World Wide Web. The Government had neither the foresight nor the capability to do so. They could have perhaps contracted with commercial companies, but didn't see the "need" (translation: no vision).

Tim Berners-Lee (TimBL) of the UK is commonly referred to as the inventor of the modern-day WWW as he developed and delivered the first HTTP communication and is the current head of the World Wide Web Consortium.

So, back to your claim - just like a Liberal to lay claim to something this broad. It's an uneducated, baseless claim.

There are thousands of layers of depths and developments that went into today's "Internet" - computing, networks, protocols, systems, content, business designs and applications - just to scratch the surface. There is no one "origin" to any of it. It was small step after step after step - the majority of which occurred in the private sector - that led to what we see today. The Government didn't invest "first" or "more" than the commercial world did. The Government didn't "invent" it all. They were behind a few slices of a very very massive pie. I'll give them credit for needing a network and contracting private business to build it. Finally, the Government hasn't come CLOSE on the job creation front in computing as compared to the private sector.

PS...if she gets full credit for starting her business, why don't conservatives who started theirs? And back to my original rebuttal, why do you not view her as an evil 1%er? What, specifically, makes her different, in your eyes?

God bless capitalism

Twinkie's Miracle Comeback

With ingenuity, capital and creative chemistry, billionaire C. Dean Metropoulos and Apollo Global’s Andy Jhawar rescued Hostess Brands–and set themselves up to feast on a $2 billion gain.

Walk in the door of Hostess Brands’ flagship bakery in Emporia, Kansas and your first thought is: What a dump. The former front office for the bakery that pumps out classic American treats like golden Twinkies and swirl-topped Cup Cakes is a series of dank, near-empty rooms with scuffed, oatmeal-color linoleum floors, water-stained ceiling panels and a jumble of mismatched office furniture that looks like it was picked up off the curb. Three minutes in this place and you’re suddenly thankful for the wilted sign on the front door warning visitors that firearms are barred from the premises.

This grim wing of the Hostess plant is a leftover from the old Hostess–the one that debt, pension costs and mismanagement shuttered in 2012. But throw on a hairnet and pass on to the newly rehabilitated factory floor, and it makes sense why billionaire C. Dean Metropoulos, Apollo Global senior partner Andy Jhawar and Kansas Governor Sam Brownback are standing here, breathing in the sticky sweet air on a foggy April morning.

The new factory is bright and clean. Tight rows of Twinkies m arch along the $20 million Auto Bake system with the precision of Soviet soldiers in a May Day parade. Yellow robotic arms, which look like they should be welding Teslas rather than boxing Twinkies, stack snacks with hypnotic rhythm. This 500-person plant produces more than 1 million Twinkies a day, 400 million a year. That’s 80% of Hostess’ total output–output that under the old regime required 14 plants and 9,000 employees.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenb...r-comeback-hostess-metropoulos-apollo-jhawar/

WTF are you babbling about now? We all know Gore invented the Internet. He said so.