• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pakistan shoots down two Indian jets in Kashmir escalation

Spike

Reaction score
uh-oh, that can't be good

_105820463_mediaitem105820461.jpg

Pakistan says it has shot down two Indian military jets and captured a pilot in a major escalation between the nuclear powers over Kashmir.

India said it had lost one MiG-21 fighter and demanded the immediate and safe return of its pilot.

Pakistani PM Imran Khan said the two sides could not afford a miscalculation with the weapons they had.

India and Pakistan - both nuclear-armed states - claim all of Kashmir, but control only parts of it. The aerial attacks across the Line of Control (LoC) dividing Indian and Pakistani territory are the first since a war in 1971.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47383634

I kinda feel sorry for India, stuck between Pakistan and Bangladesh, shithole hell

I kinda feel sorry for India, stuck between Pakistan and Bangladesh, shithole hell

One of my customers was recently in India. He said it was the most miserable, dirty, stinking god awful place he could ever imagine. They still have open sewers and trash everywhere.

I've heard that as many as 20,000 people in India die each year of snake bite. That just blows my mind.

If Pakistan and India start a major conflict, we need to be selling arms to both sides.

One of my customers was recently in India. He said it was the most miserable, dirty, stinking god awful place he could ever imagine. They still have open sewers and trash everywhere.

I took an assignment in India in 02. The largest company in India. The most 'modern' buildings in India at that time. 'High tech', if you will. Y'know the 'trap' concept in modern plumbing? One is under every sink and incorporated into every toilet. And you know WHY we use traps. They don't in India. So when you're standing at a urinal in a gleaming 'modern' office building, you're experiencing everything that is beneath India. It's spectacularly appalling. I could go on extensively, but I'll spare you. OK, OK, one more. They don't treat sewage. You see large pipes all over dumping straight into rivers, and the Ocean. OK, OK, one more thing. Y'know the gleaming 'modern' office building rest room? They thought it'd be good to have a window. Y'know, to let some light in. The birds love the rest rooms. They hang out there. Oh. Glass? What glass?. OK, OK, one more thing. Evidently at that time urinals were a new thing in India. They had seen them but weren't really sure about them. But somebody must have told them that gleaming 'modern' office building rest rooms need them. Like they need windows. So they mounted these things on the walls at about waist height for a Westerner. First time you see them you go 'da fug!?' They're especially comical because they have little wooden step stools for the little folks to reach them. N' bird@#$% EVERYWHERE. That is all.

If you want an accurate glimpse,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0tHRs9Bng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-yjpvzGKZQ

These are truly excellent. They make you appreciate that God sovereignly placed you in these here United States of America. Rather than elsewhere.

If Pakistan and India start a major conflict, we need to be selling arms to both sides.

We do.

My dad traveled to India once, got dysentery and didn't have access to any good medical care or even a regular bathroom (they were just using shitholes in the ground where he was), said it was on par with his experience in the Vietnam War.

India has a population of 1.3 billion and nearly 165 million people don't have access to clean/running water. It's a sad state of affairs.

gotta love this

Nuclear Winter From an India-Pakistan War Could Kill 2 Billion - Jeff Masters

As nuclear-armed India and Pakistan engage in military clashes over the disputed Kashmir region, consider that a “limited” nuclear war between them is capable of causing a catastrophic global nuclear winter that could kill two billion people. The inevitable wars and diseases that would break out could kill hundreds of millions more.

nuke-bomb_0.jpg

The cold temperatures and increased drought might reduce global grain production by 20 percent for the five years after the war, and 10 - 15 percent for the following five years, estimated that two billion people who are now only marginally fed might die from starvation and disease in the aftermath of a nuclear conflict between India and Pakistan, due to the cold weather and drought.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/N...n-War-Could-Kill-2-Billion?cm_ven=cat6-widget

Don't worry, global warm...., err, climate change will offset a Nuclear Winter.

People in the western world have completely forgotten that human life, for much of our history, was have 7 babies and hope 3 make it to adulthood and carry on the species.

India is still a living example of have 7 babies and hope 3 live to maturity. Human death is just so accepted by their culture, for so long, that western ideas of "safety" are completely foreign to them. The crazy population boom is happening because India is still having 7 babies but now 4 live to maturity (which is why the population doubles every 30 years).

Until India starts to have 4 babies and expects 3 to survive to adulthood, the country is in trouble. That transition hasn't happened yet, culturally and intellectually.

Makes Vinnie's statement..

They make you appreciate that God sovereignly placed you in these here United States of America. Rather than elsewhere.

.....very profound indeed. I shudder to think of spending anytime at all in that environment.

But after some thought, maybe that is our future. We are moving in that direction through Progressive leadership, we have managed to take one of the most beautiful and productive cities in America .....

th

......and turn it into budding version of that very filth and degradation witnessed in India.

th

With plenty of other US cities following that same path, I might add. And a renewed mindset to accelerate the process.

th

2t6luy.jpg

In that video from Vincent they look like human vermin, living in squalor. I say let them fight it out with the Pakies. It will improve both shitholes and maybe an errant nuke will hit Iran.

I had a different reaction watching Vincent's videos.
I feel guilty for complaining about anything...

I agree, but we must be missing something. Prince Charles says that in many ways they are infinitely richer than us.

Well, besides being the world capital of tech support, India also produces the majority of prescription medication in the world. Think about that as you're taking your morning BP meds.
But don't worry, China is catching up fast.

gotta love this

Nuclear Winter From an India-Pakistan War Could Kill 2 Billion - Jeff Masters

As nuclear-armed India and Pakistan engage in military clashes over the disputed Kashmir region, consider that a “limited” nuclear war between them is capable of causing a catastrophic global nuclear winter that could kill two billion people. The inevitable wars and diseases that would break out could kill hundreds of millions more.

nuke-bomb_0.jpg

The cold temperatures and increased drought might reduce global grain production by 20 percent for the five years after the war, and 10 - 15 percent for the following five years, estimated that two billion people who are now only marginally fed might die from starvation and disease in the aftermath of a nuclear conflict between India and Pakistan, due to the cold weather and drought.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/N...n-War-Could-Kill-2-Billion?cm_ven=cat6-widget

Is the end nigh?

I had a different reaction watching Vincent's videos.
I feel guilty for complaining about anything...

I didn't feel bad about the video at all. It some respects (as the narrator said) it was beautiful to see community again. The idea we have to be AROUND each other 24-7 is a highly interesting case study for humanity. Are we better off being able to wall ourselve off from each other behind keyboards and doors? Does prosperity lead to loneliness in a way we can't fathom anymore?

I don't have answers to this. Those kids in that video, despite their circumstance, look happier than half the kids my wife teaches at school. Why? Is it freedom? Survival of the fittest? And how have we allowed our prosperity to create an environment with this much unhappiness in our children? Something isn't right. As much as I want to ****-shame those Indians in squallor and feces, who am I to judge when our country is depressed and struggling to find itself?

This isn't a right or left issue. This isn't a Republican or Democatic issue. Capitalism or Communism. The survival insinct in humans is inspriational, no matter the situation. And it further confirms to me evolution and how we have been and will continue to be, the premier, dominant species on this planet.

I didn't feel bad about the video at all. It some respects (as the narrator said) it was beautiful to see community again. The idea we have to be AROUND each other 24-7 is a highly interesting case study for humanity. Are we better off being able to wall ourselve off from each other behind keyboards and doors? Does prosperity lead to loneliness in a way we can't fathom anymore?

I don't have answers to this. Those kids in that video, despite their circumstance, look happier than half the kids my wife teaches at school. Why? Is it freedom? Survival of the fittest? And how have we allowed our prosperity to create an environment with this much unhappiness in our children? Something isn't right. As much as I want to ****-shame those Indians in squallor and feces, who am I to judge when our country is depressed and struggling to find itself?

This isn't a right or left issue. This isn't a Republican or Democatic issue. Capitalism or Communism. The survival insinct in humans is inspriational, no matter the situation. And it further confirms to me evolution and how we have been and will continue to be, the premier, dominant species on this planet.

I really wonder if it's a mindset imparted by the TV, social media and media in general. If you are told that things in the US suck 24/7 and you have entertainment where
violence and death are primary parts of most movies, games etc. then you're going to have a large portion of the population afraid, anxious, and likely walled off. This perpetuates from generation to generation.

We need more Andy Griffith Shows...Wish it was only that simple.

uh-oh, that can't be good

_105820463_mediaitem105820461.jpg

Pakistan says it has shot down two Indian military jets and captured a pilot in a major escalation between the nuclear powers over Kashmir.

India said it had lost one MiG-21 fighter and demanded the immediate and safe return of its pilot.

Pakistani PM Imran Khan said the two sides could not afford a miscalculation with the weapons they had.

India and Pakistan - both nuclear-armed states - claim all of Kashmir, but control only parts of it. The aerial attacks across the Line of Control (LoC) dividing Indian and Pakistani territory are the first since a war in 1971.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47383634

So....whose side are we on?

And Im sure Russia and Iran will choose the other....

Just what the world needs now....

We would be on Pakistan’s side I would think. In order to get in and out of Afghanistan, Pakistan is the only country that lets us use their airspace. Iran is on the other side, and they ain’t letting our military planes fly in their airspace.

I hope we'd just stay out of it, but doubt that would happen.

I would have thought we would side with India as I'd assume they make more in goods and services for us, so it would benefit us if they were stable. I do see Sarge's point as well but I'm of the opinion that we have been in Afghanistan more than long enough. If we see terrorist camps spring up, we bomb the **** out of them from the air. Pakistan can suck it if they don't want us flying over their airspace to protect our best interests.

We need more Andy Griffith Shows...Wish it was only that simple.

I've often said that my Mesa AZ neighborhood in the 60's and 70's reminded me of Mayberry. It was a different world.

We would be on Pakistan’s side I would think. In order to get in and out of Afghanistan, Pakistan is the only country that lets us use their airspace. Iran is on the other side, and they ain’t letting our military planes fly in their airspace.

I don't know who's side we would be on. Pakistan took a billion in USA aid only to harbor Bin Laden.

Kashmir is disputed land, India and Pakistan spend a lot of time and money spying on each other. The land has water problems, human rights abuse ( mostly by India ) but the fundamental difference is one side is Muslim, the other is Muslim, the other Hindu. India is mostly Hindu. Pakistan is mostly Muslim. When you have two religions who don't like each other, disputed land and mix in nuclear weapons, I can think of no other scenario which is more dangerous.

[h=1][/h]

I hope we'd just stay out of it, but doubt that would happen.

I would have thought we would side with India as I'd assume they make more in goods and services for us, so it would benefit us if they were stable. I do see Sarge's point as well but I'm of the opinion that we have been in Afghanistan more than long enough. If we see terrorist camps spring up, we bomb the **** out of them from the air. Pakistan can suck it if they don't want us flying over their airspace to protect our best interests.

The USA navy has deployable lasers that can cause a small boat to set on fire in seconds. Lasers have no issues with wind and move at the speed of light, which essentially means if something is in the crosshairs there is not defense currently from them.

In the future, such a laser which fires for less than a dollar a shot could be mounted into space satellite with further development. It would be scary but from a terrorist or rogue government's point, a virtual death ray that can strike at any time. How would any base be safe? Walk outside and your toast.