• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pat Freiermuth Discusses Favorite Moment of 2021 Season and Heath Miller Comparisons

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have been in search for a tight end to replace Heath Miller since Miller retired after the 2015 season. In the 2021 NFL Draft, the Steelers may have indeed finally found that replacement. The Steelers selected TE Pat Freiermuth out of Penn State with the 55th overall pick. Freiermuth had to earn his way and started the season behind Eric Ebron on the depth chart. He then exploded onto the NFL scene as a rookie finishing 2021 with 60 receptions, 497 yards, and 7 touchdowns. He quickly became a security blanket for locker neighbor and future first ballot Hall of Fame QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Freiermuth sat down with Adam Breneman for an interview where he discussed a variety of topics including his favorite moment of the 2021 season, as well as being compared to Heaaathhh.

Freiermuth’s Favorite Moment in the 2021 Season:

“I think my favorite moment was running out on Ben’s last night. Ben was so good to me and I think just running out and them announcing my name and being out there for them to announce his name was just the coolest experience that I had this year.” Freiermuth continued to reminisce about being a kid and watching Roethlisberger. “It was just cool to be apart of his last season.”

On Comparisons to Heath Miller:

“Heath is a Pittsburgh legend. It’s awesome to be compared to him, but obviously as an athlete you don’t ever like to be compared to someone because you either have to live up to their expectations or model your game after them and I model my game after a couple people. So, it’s obviously cool to have all the experiences that Heath had with the whole Muuthh and Heaathh thing. He is a Pittsburgh legend, but I want to carve out my own name in Pittsburgh.”

Check out the full interview below:

What do you think of Freiermuth’s favorite moment of 2021 and his thoughts on being compared to Heath Miller, SteelerNation? Sound off in the comment section below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Thanks for this.
loved it.
and also learned he interviewed kenny pickett, That was great too.

subscribed.