• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

PC South Park style

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I admittedly don't watch South Park, except the rare occasion where one of their clips is brought to my attention. This particular SP clip was featured on this mornings Free Beacon and can resonate with most of us on here. I could quibble about the uber-timeliness of the subject matter (it might not age well) or the on-the-nose quality of the closing moments (the cake was a nice touch, if a bit much). But the master stroke was recasting so-called “social justice warriors” not as smelly hippies or craven professors but as rampaging fratbros.

http://freebeacon.us4.list-manage.c...1bb9bfafcbd472bee2&id=7f25222cb9&e=1b60289474

That clip is just right. It is a perfectly satirical summation not only of the PC mindset, which is oriented entirely around pouncing on linguistic misunderstandings (“Did someone just refer to Caitlyn Jenner as ‘it’?”) and disagreements (“She’s a stunning, beautiful woman, and if you wanna call her anything else, I’m ready to ******’ throw down!”), but also of PC culture. It is almost exactly like being in a fraternity.

The fraternity of PC has chapters on virtually every college campus and its alums are now working in virtually every industry. Their power should not be underestimated.

Last edited:
They also have Trump being raped to death

2CB3E8AE00000578-3247124-image-m-50_1443073948082.jpg

The first two episodes of the new season are basically a war on political correctness. So they're throwing in a ton of "non-pc" scenes (episode one had pregnant Mexicans with taco launchers and Syrian refugee children going to war with the "PC Principal" in an epic battle scene). Taken in its full context, I think on the whole it's a good statement against PC.

To be honest, their funniest stuff was still years ago. Now they're just.too preachy. They can translate current events to the screen like nobody else though.

Ha ha! Good for them!

That would be fine Indy, if them boys had the stones to follow thru with their plan to show a cartoon version of Mohamed but they were stopped by Viacom because of the threat of violence. So what I'm thinkin' is, all the Trump supporters have to do is threaten Parker and Stone with some serious violence and this will never happen again.

I thought Rich Lowry’s unstoppable tirade about El Trumpo’s figurative emasculation at the hands of Carly Fiorina would be hard to top, but the South Park guys have never been one to shy away from a challenge. In last night’s episode they showed a Canadian politician mocked up to look like Trump literally being raped to death. It was pretty fantastic.

That being said, it’s the sort of thing that’s worth stopping to think about for a second. I mean, Trey Parker and Matt Stone went there. They showed a (lightly fictionalized representation of a) major American presidential candidate being f—ked to death onscreen by one of the show’s beloved characters.

And yet, episodes of South Park have famously been bowdlerized by parent company Viacom when the show attempted to display an image of the Prophet Muhammad. This censorship occurred because of violence committed by Islamist savages in response to past displays of Muhammad.

So, to recap, at this point in American history you can show a major American political figure being anally raped until he expires but you cannot show an image of a historical figure from Islam. Why? Because Muslim radicals do not want the image shown and threatened violence if South Park exercised its freedom of expression.

The lesson for the Trumpistas who proliferate on Twitter and the other deep dark reaches of social media is obvious. If you want them to lay off your guy—if you can’t handle Trump being made fun of for being a cowardly prat who wants to use the power of the state to silence those who would criticize him—then all you need to do is threaten the weak-kneed cowards at Viacom.

Because violence works.

http://freebeacon.us4.list-manage2....1bb9bfafcbd472bee2&id=1b5beae6bc&e=1b60289474

Last edited:
I liked the episode of the people driving their "Pious" hybrid cars and passing judgement on everyone in SUVs.