• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pelosi can't remember who the POTUS is

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/07/nancy-pelosi-says-cant-work-with-president-bush.html

Nancy Pelosi says she can't work with 'President Bush'

By Brent Scher Published February 07, 2017 Washington Free Beacon

A day after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was grilled by "Meet The Press" host Chuck Todd on whether her party's leadership was out of touch with the current political climate, the nearly three-decade veteran of Congress mistakenly referred to President Trump as "President Bush."

"While it's only been a couple of weeks since the inauguration, we've seen nothing that I can work with President Bush on," Pelosi said during a Monday press conference.

It appears that members standing behind Pelosi noticed the mistake but chose not to correct or interrupt her. It remains unclear, however, e

I think she was the one prompting Waters with answers while she was babbling on about Russia invading Korea. Hey, Maxine, the 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.

With her and Chuckie Schumer and Debbie Wassaman Schultz as leaders of their party by the next election the democraps will be history.

Another reason for term limits. This reminds me of when Bush 41 was campaigning for the president's job. He was stumping somewhere in the Midwest. I think it was a Labor Day weekend and he was telling everyone how happy he was to be there on Pearl Harbor day. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Another reason for term limits. This reminds me of when Bush 41 was campaigning for the president's job. He was stumping somewhere in the Midwest. I think it was a Labor Day weekend and he was telling everyone how happy he was to be there on Pearl Harbor day. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I think Trump needs to call on States to consider an Article V Convention to amend the constitution and put in term limits. It's the only way it gets done. No way is congress going to impose term limits on themselves (which is sad).

But the States can and it takes 34 states to CALL THE CONVENTION and 38 states to approve the modifications.

In fact, once a convention is called, the States can discuss ANY changes they want and completely take the ability to modify the constitution away from the legislative branch of government. Once called they could discuss term limits, balance budget requirements, single subject provisions and maybe even changing the electoral college (which I don't think will pass).

Currently there are 33 Republican Governors, 1 Independent and 16 Democrats

Currently there are 32 Republican Legislatures (both or all houses), 12 split legislatures and 6 Democrat Legislatures.

If Trump can negotiate directly with the States and considering his antagonistic stance with some of those a term limit would effect (McCain for one), who knows he might at least hold it over the head of Congress to stop slow poking on everything and maybe make changes themselves.

When you look around at the upheaval in government right now, a new amendment might not be beyond the realm of possibilities.

I'm convinced Pelosi is getting dementia.

In fact, once a convention is called, the States can discuss ANY changes they want and completely take the ability to modify the constitution away from the legislative branch of government

Del, THIS is my worry. **** we don't want changed would get changed, I'm sure of it. Of course, that is happening now, anyway, just not to the constitution. My real worry is that there may be enough RINO folks to **** up the second amendment.

Del, THIS is my worry. **** we don't want changed would get changed, I'm sure of it. Of course, that is happening now, anyway, just not to the constitution. My real worry is that there may be enough RINO folks to **** up the second amendment.

No way are they going to neuter the 2nd amendment with a Constitutional Convention. There are just too many states that are strongly right-wing on gun rights. All the western states, hunting states like PA, the whole south.

Nothing left wing will come out of a Constitutional Convention when 32 states are solidly Republican right now. Hell, you'd have a better chance of an amendment abolishing abortion (which won't happen either) than ******* around with the Bill of Rights.

The problem is, it's kind of unclear how this would get off the ground. Who do you call? Governors? Legislative leaders? The attorney generals of right-wing states? The Constitution isn't quite clear how it works and it's never happened in our government.

It ALMOST happened back in the 1980's when 32 states threatened to request a Convention of States to discuss a balanced budget bill, but Congress went to Reagan with their tail between their legs and worked out a budget (still with tons of deficits) but Reagan got behind. So the states couldn't really take on the popular Reagan.

And remember, even if you can CALL a Convention (which takes 34 votes), you need FOUR MORE yeses to actually add an amendment to the Constitution.

I've heard too many crazy scenarios of how it could go wrong.

lets just pass this.... so we can find out what it is

5Sda5aZ.png

I heard someone floating Al Franken for president. I'm thinking are you ******* kidding me? Nope I guess not.

I heard someone floating Al Franken for president. I'm thinking are you ******* kidding me? Nope I guess not.
He's good enough.
He's smart enough.
And doggonnit, people like him.

S'all right, the more Leftard they become the better it is for us.