• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pittsburgh Steelers Expected To Decline Justin Fields' Massive 5th-Year Option

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers shocked fans by entirely sweeping out and refilling their quarterback room during the 2024 offseason. The most surprising change was the trade of Kenny Pickett after drafting him in the first round in 2022. Instead, they put their faith in two veterans: Super Bowl winner Russell Wilson and Justin Fields.

READ MORE

I would have been shocked and disappointed if they picked up a $25 million option. Way too much uncertainty. That said I hope they can work out some sort of extension.

Unless they can sign this guy to a new contract extension then it doesn’t make sense to have brought him in. I agree they shouldn’t have picked up his fifth year option. He’s not worth it!
Tomlin really ****** this entire QB situation up. He wants Kenny in the 2022 draft, gets him and saddles him with Matt ******* Canada.
Then Picket gets hurt, has surgery thinking he’ll get his job back but doesn’t instead playing Mason Rudolph who couldn’t wait to get away from Tomlin.
Then the genius brings in old man river Wilson who has 100 sacks the last two years to play behind this line. Kenny feels betrayed and wants out. I don’t agree how Pickett handled it but I can understand why he was frustrated and wanted away from Tomlin. You know Tomlin promised Kenny his job back then he brings this slug in. I’m not saying Kenny was the answer but neither is Russ. They gave up much to quick on Picket. Now you got two QBs on one year deals where Pickett would have had two more years to work with. Tomlin ***** up everything he touches. I would have liked to see Pickett in a new offense with a legit OC. Oh well!

Tomlin, a head coach strategist.