• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pope met with Kim Davis, Vatican confirms...

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Liberals heads explode:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iss-alleged-secret-meeting-with-pope-francis/

Pope Francis met with Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis during the pope’s visit to the United States, the Vatican confirmed on Wednesday morning.

Rev. Manuel Dorantes, a spokesman for the Vatican, said to The Washington Post, “I do not deny that the meeting took place, but I have no comments to add.”

The meeting between Davis, who went to jail for six days after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, and the pope was announced late Tuesday by Liberty Counsel, a religious freedom nonprofit that is representing the elected Rowan County clerk in her ongoing legal struggles.

Liberty Counsel said in a news release that Davis and her husband, Joe, met privately with Francis at the Apostolic Nunciature in Washington last Thursday. The pair chatted about bravery, then hugged and exchanged promises of prayer, according to the news release.

The pope thanked Davis for her “courage,” according to the press release, and told her to “stay strong.” The news release also said Francis “presented Kim and Joe Davis each with a Rosary that he personally blessed.”

[Pope Francis meets with Little Sisters of the Poor, nuns involved in an Obamacare lawsuit]

Mat Staver, Davis’s attorney and the founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, told the New York Times that photos of the meeting were expected soon from the Vatican. When asked why he delayed the announcement until now, Staver said: “We didn’t want the pope’s visit to be focused on Kim Davis.”

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and Staver’s spokesperson did not immediately respond to requests for comment to The Washington Post. The Archdiocese of Washington declined to comment on the matter.

Since his election as to the papacy in 2013, Francis — with his outspoken criticism of global warming and income inequality, as well as his perceived support of the gay community (“Who am I to judge?” he said) — has become a favorite of some liberals. His reported meeting with Davis could feel like a slap to progressives who see him — wrongly or rightly — as their ally on the topic of LGBT acceptance.

Funny that they didn't release that information until the Pope was out of the country.

-But that Duck Dynasty guy, I know what he said was wrong, but I don’t get the shock. He said that homophobic stuff and people were like, ‘Can you believe it?’ Yeah! I totally can believe it! If I was in Vegas I would have bet 90% of my **** that he was gonna say it! I give him a 10% benefit of the doubt, just in case.

-Are you seriously shocked some redneck with a beard down to his dick, sitting in a boat in the middle of a swamp, shooting varmints, like, what did you think he thought? Did you think he had like, some progressive ideas on same sex marriage? Yeah! Didn’t he think exactly what he thought? Ya know?

-You know what kills me too? That ******* homophobic ****, that comes from the church man. Doesn’t that come from that ****? Th-Th- There’s something in there. I never read the book. Alright. I tried to. They need to ******* update it. They update itunes every ******* 6 days, can we update the language, or make it a little more user friendlieth. For someone like me, right? No, that’s where he gets all of his ******* ideas. That Duck Dynasty guy, it’s not his fault that he went to, uhh, he went to Sunday school in like 1949. Ya know?

-I think all of that **** comes from the church. They just ******* brainwash you. *Clapping starts*. NO NO don’t clap I don’t read! I don’t read! Follow someone else! Telling you. They brainwash you. Come into church, your brain is all empty, they just fill it up like a jelly doughnut. *Pretends to squirt jelly*. Brainwash you!

-*Sing-songy* ‘Say what we say when we say it!! Say it again and you can go home to your toys!’

‘-Alright, I’ll say it! I’ll say it again. Now can I go home to my toys?’ Alright?

-And you repeat everything they say! The good, the bad, and the ******* horrific. They stick a star on your forehead -

‘-You’re a big boy!’

‘-EHH PEOPLE LIKE ME!!’

-Ya get on with your life. You go to college, you get a master’s degree in English like this redneck dude had. And you invent the new duck whistle or whatever the hell you call it. Alright? Yours goes ‘wha-wha’ mine goes ‘Wha- a *******- WHA!’ Dude makes a zillion bucks. Gets his own tv show. He’s loving life, an out of nowhere, here comes that same question 60 years later from Sunday school. And he stands up there like the Manchurian Candidate- ‘Jesus likes the hookers, the lepers, doesn't like the queers.’ And everybody freaks the **** out! And he’s like ‘Uh, that’s what they said!’ And they’re all dead. ‘AH! Where’d everybody go!? I thought I was a good boy!’

-Are you seriously shocked some redneck with a beard down to his dick, sitting in a boat in the middle of a swamp, shooting varmints, like, what did you think he thought? Did you think he had like, some progressive ideas on same sex marriage? Yeah! Didn’t he think exactly what he thought? Ya know?’

I know I'm wondering why the Steelers didn't call him up when Ben went down. After all, he was better than Bradshaw back at Louisiana Tech.

The last thing that delusional attention ***** needed was a meeting with the Pope!

Funny that they didn't release that information until the Pope was out of the country.

Ha ha - and he's still anti-abortion and against gay marriage

Liberals still celebrating?

Considering that large portions of Catholics support legal same sex marriage, I guess the brainwashing isn't working so well. I guess anyone who has a different opinion is "brainwashed" and "homophobic". And we're supposed to be the intolerant ones. Hmm.

Last edited:
Wrong will always be wrong no matter how many are doing it. Right will always be right regardless of how few are doing it.

Considering that large portions of Catholics support legal same sex marriage, I guess the brainwashing isn't working so well. I guess anyone who has a different opinion is "brainwashed" and "homophobic". And we're supposed to be the intolerant ones. Hmm.

It's not having an opinion that's different that matters Ideas are judged on their merit not their source even if that source is an old book.

It's not having an opinion that's different that matters Ideas are judged on their merit not their source even if that source is an old book.

I don't even know what this means. You posted a nasty rant about how anyone with a belief system different from yours must be dumb and brainwashed and incapable of thinking for themselves (no matter that the majority of people, secular or religious, including your hero Obama, all believed the same exact thing a few short years ago.) All in the name of tolerance I guess.

I don't even know what this means. You posted a nasty rant about how anyone with a belief system different from yours must be dumb and brainwashed and incapable of thinking for themselves (no matter that the majority of people, secular or religious, including your hero Obama, all believed the same exact thing a few short years ago.) All in the name of tolerance I guess.

It means, religion in private is fine but religious rules applied to all have to pass a different test based on logic. Give a reason for denying rights to others that doesn't rely on an old book. Give a logic based argument for denying gay marriage.

It means, religion in private is fine but religious rules applied to all have to pass a different test based on logic. Give a reason for denying rights to others that doesn't rely on an old book. Give a logic based argument for denying gay marriage.

Interesting concept. Have you brought this up with the Muslims?

Interesting concept. Have you brought this up with the Muslims?

They are the mecca of bad ideas. But could you imagine a state school official saying they wouldn't give diploma to a female graduate because of their sincerely held religious belief that education is just for boys? Would any Kim Davis "freedom" supporter support this very same "freedom?"

Last edited:

There is no law that says religion must be "in private". The Constitution guarantees free exercise of religions. That said I don't agree with what Kim Davis did...if her religion forbade her from doing her job she should have stepped down or been removed by proper, lawful procedures. My post was not about any of that though, it was about your nasty post regarding all people who believe differently from you being dumb and brainwashed. You're as intolerant as any right wing Christian gay basher. Don't expect things you're not willing to give. The fact is religious people are all over the map on this question and put your idea of "tolerance' to shame.

There is no law that says religion must be "in private". The Constitution guarantees free exercise of religions. That said I don't agree with what Kim Davis did...if her religion forbade her from doing her job she should have stepped down or been removed by proper, lawful procedures. My post was not about any of that though, it was about your nasty post regarding all people who believe differently from you being dumb and brainwashed. You're as intolerant as any right wing Christian gay basher. Don't expect things you're not willing to give. The fact is religious people are all over the map on this question and put your idea of "tolerance' to shame.

Are you talking about Bill Burr's comedy routine on Duck Dynasty? Watch it - great stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's funny as part of the comedy routine, the part you quoted in response to this thread is just your typical stereotyping of and sneering at religion though.

Yeah, it's funny as part of the comedy routine, the part you quoted in response to this thread is just your typical stereotyping of and sneering at religion though.

Oh, sure. Religion is often an excuse to do something terrible or to treat the others badly. That's totally on point with Kim Davis' position. I see very little good in the suspension of critical thought. I'm very tolerant of people, not of bad and harmful ideas. That's why I can say Islam is crazy and dangerous and needs to be challenged as a belief system and political system while still being horrified at the inhuman callousness of SN posters in the Mecca thread cheering the deaths of hundreds of people.

while still being horrified at the inhuman callousness of SN posters in the Mecca thread cheering the deaths of hundreds of people.

Does it keep you awake at night?

Religion is often an excuse to do something terrible or to treat the others badly.That's totally on point with Kim Davis' position.

For some people, yes. For many others no. I don't know that Kim Davis did anything terrible to anyone or treated anyone badly. She refused to fill out a piece of paper. She should be removed from her job since she's not capable of doing it, but she hasn't harmed anyone.

That's why I can say Islam is crazy and dangerous and needs to be challenged as a belief system and political system while still being horrified at the inhuman callousness of SN posters in the Mecca thread cheering the deaths of hundreds of people.

These are mostly people who would cheer if they saw any one of us being set fire to or having our heads sliced off. They are people who viciously hate Jews and would slaughter every one of them if they could. Is it inhuman callousness to not be heartbroken that there are a few hundred less of them? Are you sad about all the dead Nazis or that Hitler committed suicide?

For some people, yes. For many others no. I don't know that Kim Davis did anything terrible to anyone or treated anyone badly. She refused to fill out a piece of paper. She should be removed from her job since she's not capable of doing it, but she hasn't harmed anyone.

These are mostly people who would cheer if they saw any one of us being set fire to or having our heads sliced off. They are people who viciously hate Jews and would slaughter every one of them if they could. Is it inhuman callousness to not be heartbroken that there are a few hundred less of them? Are you sad about all the dead Nazis or that Hitler committed suicide?

Are they? Some of them, maybe, but you believe it's true of all of them without actual knowledge of each individual heart because they went to a religious pilgrimage. What's the word for lumping people together like that?

My Libtard friends on Facebook are suddenly very shocked and disappointed in Pope Francis. It's fun to watch.

Are they? Some of them, maybe, but you believe it's true of all of them without actual knowledge of each individual heart because they went to a religious pilgrimage. What's the word for lumping people together like that?

I don't know what's in every one of their hearts. I do know statistically what large numbers of them believe. That's not stereotyping, it's fact. I'm sure some good peace-loving people were there too. I pray it it was mainly the wife beater, child rapist, bloodthirsty Christian and Jew hating ones that were killed. They certainly aren't few and far between in that crowd.