• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Potential Replacements For Maurkice Pouncey In The 2021 NFL Draft

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
In case you missed it, long time Pittsburgh Steelers center and future Hall of Famer, Maurkice Pouncey, announced his retirement this week on his Instagram account. It is sad to see someone who has been such a large part of the Steelers family for so long walk away. Now knowing Pouncey’s final decision, it is […]

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Good list. I am not familiar with Menet. But there are some solid options listed.

Wouldn't be shocked to see one drafted within the first three rounds.

Meinerz is the sleeper in this draft. Showed he could play with the D1 folks. Humphries is the best prospect, he actually could climb to late 1st round. If that occurs like to see maybe a trade back and pick up an extra 3rd. Later round prospect, kid from Kentucky, Drake Jackson could be a find. However if Darrisaw is there....I’d run to the podium on skates to get him. If not Eichenberg, in the 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Meinerz is the sleeper in this draft. Showed he could play with the D1 folks. Humphries is the best prospect, he actually could climb to late 1st round. If that occurs like to see maybe a trade back and pick up an extra 3rd. Later round prospect, kid from Kentucky, Drake Jackson could be a find. However if Darrisaw is there....I’d run to the podium on skates to get him. If not Eichenberg, in the 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

He took a long road but has been my favorite T as of late.

Well I wouldn't want a torn ACL from December.Unless we are talking 1st round talent in the later second.

Look for the Steelers to sign either Karras or Mack as a stop gap/safety net signing if they don't get the center they want in the first three rounds....or until they groom the rookie they select...

Look for the Steelers to sign either Karras or Mack as a stop gap/safety net signing if they don't get the center they want in the first three rounds....or until they groom the rookie they select...
I think they do that regardless. They usually double up when trying to fix a hole.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

mack would be a good stopgap as center Hill, Myers Dickerson any would be fine for C, as for LT Darrisaw is the top overall OT to me after Slator Senell, if all 3 are gone and Harris is still there I take Harris and either the Notre Dame kid in the 2nd or trade down for Mayfield or Redunz.

If the Steelers sign a veteran interior guy, I go with BJ Finney. He's still young, and we know what we are getting.

If the Steelers sign a veteran interior guy, I go with BJ Finney. He's still young, and we know what we are getting.
I don't think Finney is available. So that means you will probably want to trade after the trade deadline for him. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

If we want Dickerson, I believe we'd need to take him at 24 and let him sit until his knee's ready. There will be plenty of teams in rebuild mode who will snatch him in round two willing to give him all the time he needs.

Meinerz is difficult to gage regardless of his senior bowl showing, I'm not trying to knock the kid but what the heck was he doing at Wisconsin Whitewater, he had a good sophmore and junior year and could have easily transfered to Wisconsin in Madison before his last season. Why did he stay at Division 3 or why didn't the head coach at Wisconsin drag his butt up to the main campus. I read it's an easy transfer from a U of W branch campus as long as you're not an idiot or don't open a book.

If we want Dickerson, I believe we'd need to take him at 24 and let him sit until his knee's ready. There will be plenty of teams in rebuild mode who will snatch him in round two willing to give him all the time he needs.

Meinerz is difficult to gage regardless of his senior bowl showing, I'm not trying to knock the kid but what the heck was he doing at Wisconsin Whitewater, he had a good sophmore and junior year and could have easily transfered to Wisconsin in Madison before his last season. Why did he stay at Division 3 or why didn't the head coach at Wisconsin drag his butt up to the main campus. I read it's an easy transfer from a U of W branch campus as long as you're not an idiot or don't open a book.

I think his injury concerns has him available in 2. Possibly even round 3. Humphrey is probably the safer option...........The Kentucky C further down is an option too.

Last edited:
Well Slash, if Dickerson is there for our pick in round two I'd be happy if he joined the Steelers. He's versatile and big enough to play anywhere even if it means nowhere for much of 2021. I like Humphrey just fine but would really be happy with him if we moved back and an extra pick or two depending how far

Last edited:
I’d like to see Decastro move to C. He has the smarts and is a technician. He’s always been a bit light. If they could get a more G and have Decastro play C it could really improve the OL.

I’d like to see Decastro move to C. He has the smarts and is a technician. He’s always been a bit light. If they could get a more G and have Decastro play C it could really improve the OL.

Interesting idea.....Has he ever snapped?

Interesting idea.....Has he ever snapped?

I thin k he got into fisticuffs a couple of times in the field of play......... Oh wait, maybe you were asking of a different type SNAPPED

I'm not so sure I'd move him due to late in his career and learn a whole new position unless moving to center would be easier.

Salute the nation

Agree on Darisaw. Looked at a bit of highlight tape for him - including most of game vs. Boston College - and he is a true LT. Really mobile for a guy that large. One play, he is 20 yards downfield on a swing pass, dominating a defensive back in the open field. Nine times out of then, you see the big lineman downfield whiffing on the smaller defender. Second best LT in the draft, I think.

I like Mayfield more than Eichenberg for the simple reason that he is more agile. Both Darrisaw and Mayfield look like they are playing at 280 lbs., when actually both are about 320 lbs.