• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Punter Jordan Berry Released

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Berry got the boot. Punted right out of the building.🤓

About time. PH3 is going to be the holder and he needs the reps.

Jordan Berry was never terrible, just never anything spectacular. Thanks for your time here and not botching anything too badly.

Jordan Berry was never terrible, just never anything spectacular. Thanks for your time here and not botching anything too badly.
Well he did have some punts that made one go WTF was that.

Not really a surprise cut, just a surprise the tie didn't go to the incumbent, but this is definitely the smarter move, Berry always does good in the warm weather then regresses when the weather gets colder, hopefully we should have a reliable punter throughout the season now.

Reactions: JMM
Well he did have some punts that made one go WTF was that.

True. Like I said, not anything too badly. But Harvin was definitely the way to go. Even if he has some growing pains, that incredible potential should be well worth it.

This is looking like a very solid draft right now, 4 new day 1 starters coming into this year with all draft picks playing well and expected to make the cut. A+. May hit 5 day one starters if Moore ends up getting the nod at OT.

Last edited:
He never punted better in my mind then when they drafted PH3. Suddenly he was trying for inside the 10 instead of settling for the 15
He read the tea leaves. He knew there was a real threat to unseat his roster spot. I think it was his best camp to date. I would think he should fairly easily find another gig.

Goodbye and thank you to Jordan Berry, he was a serviceable punter for us for awhile.

Welcome aboard Pressley, and Go Jackets!

Jordan Berry ranks 32nd all time career yardage per kick…

THIRTY SECOND of ALL-TIME in the history of the NFL…

Jordan Berry ranks 32nd all time career yardage per kick…

THIRTY SECOND of ALL-TIME in the history of the NFL…
Punt stats could be misleading, Berry's 32nd yardage for per kick of all time was 44.4. Pressley Harvin's college average last year was 48.0. The NFL record for best punt average of all time is.. 47.6 by Shane Lechler.. Which would make Press Harvin the greatest punter of all time right now with his average... I think what coaches really judge punters on are thier hang times, yards per kick, and inside the 20 average. The averages per kick are too close for them to really nitpick about.

Last edited:
Berry's biggest problem was he would kick 4 great kicks...but the just when you needed it most ..kicking from our end zone in the 4th quarter trying to preserve a lead..18 yard shanker ...the bigger the kick ..the smaller he got

After Harvins decent pre-season Berry probably knew a visit to Tomlins office was afoot.

It probably wasn't an easy decision for them, but I think they made the right choice going with the potential.

There's risk going with a rookie, but Harvin can change games.

no more Dingles

Welcome PERCY

so i guess instead of sayin nice dingle berry

way to pierce the turd