• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Punters

FordFairLane

Reaction score
The obvious name is Presley Harvin III but I personally feel that we’ve seen what he can offer and we should probably not go backwards.
Austin McNamara is a free agent rookie. Has a big time leg but not much touch. He’s probably not the guy who’s going to punt it from the 50 and pin the other team in the 5. But he can boom it.
Porter Wilson is a big dude and has a big leg. Probably offers a bit in the terms of coverage ability at 6-5 241lbs.
Ryan Sanborn was a 5 year starter. Decent leg and accuracy and gets the ball out quickly.

I figure it will be Waitman or Harvin because both have held for Boz in the past
I hope they are looking around for the best option instead of oh he was here before approach.

Coolie.

oh, PUNTER... I thought the thread title was PUTA. my bad.

NOT Harvin, there has to be a better, more consistent punter out there.

Salute the nation

Someone you can count on to put out a decent kick just about every time. Harvin had a big leg but he was too inconsistent.
Right. Best punter in the league 70% of the time, worst punter in the league 30% of the time.

Please don’t ******* bring back Pressley Harvin III..
We’ve seen his body of work for three seasons and he’s simply very,very inconsistent.
The guy booms a 60 yard punt then follows it up with a 27 yard dud time and time again.
And please don’t tell me he has experience holding. Yeah, most punters do.
This guy has absolutely killed us in the past.
I’m afraid though that’s who they will sign.

My memory is faded on him but I don’t think he was all that great range wise…

But I do have CRS so there is that…

I think Waitman came in one training camp as Presley’s competition. Waitman appeared to have won the battle but in the end they kept Harvin. My memory fades as well, but I think it was year 2 for Harvin.

Salute the nation