• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Questions for the Cast 10/28

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
You've got Drunk Cope live tonight on the Vidcast starting at 7pm ET. Click if you want to join live www.youtube.com/SteelerNation

This season is taking a dark turn, and it's offensive to me. Because the offense is offensive...

Let my know your questions for the flagship and join live for some fun!

at 2-5 now. what do you see our final record being?

Am I crazy to think the Steelers still have a chance to win the division?

What took you so long to see that Canada was a train wreck? Also, this offense seems eerily similar to fichtners, I see a pattern, a coolshades pattern. I know you defend him but he has to get the **** away from playcalling

You've got Drunk Cope live tonight on the Vidcast starting at 7pm ET. Click if you want to join live www.youtube.com/SteelerNation

This season is taking a dark turn, and it's offensive to me. Because the offense is offensive...

So we know the Steelers are going to pull off one of those ridiculous out of nowhere wins on Sunday, but let’s pretend that instead we get absolutely slaughtered and at 2-6 the season is officially lost…

What ufa players would you be Ok trading at tge deadline, and what would you take for them?

Either Mitch or Mason… both qbs seem redundant and places like Denver are absolutely looking for guys to add… Mason obviously saves more money but Mitch probably has more value…

Larry Ogunjobi or Chris Wormley.. dlinemen that are both Ufas… we seem to have young guys who could use the playing time…

Malik Reed… again, a ufa that wont bring much, but we could offset what we got him for at least

Cam Sutton.. who is a valuable cb, but these young guys seem to deserve some playing time and the guy is probably gone in the off-season. He would definitely be a more desired get for secondary weak teams due to his versatility

Edmunds, who really has increased his value.. Kazee is a natural replacement and also a ufa, it might be worth seeing if someone will pay something low round for our old first rounder and see what Kazee Can do?

Bush… yeah maybe he has value now? I mean if we dealt him for a conditional pick, the biggest asset would be the 1.5 million dollar savings vs the cap… he might be worth keeping just because if he keeps up his ok play someone will take a risk on him and he might help us get a comp pick

Spillane.. if we keep Bush and want to make room for Robinson to see what he has, moving a different backup ilb seems reasonable… spillane might not have much value at all, but maybe a conditional seventh and the million or so we save on salary will be cheap enough for a taker

On offense , outside of the qbs, the only other player that could have value is Gentry… i mean what will trading our best blocker at te do? Make our run game worse?

So we know the Steelers are going to pull off one of those ridiculous out of nowhere wins on Sunday, but let’s pretend that instead we get absolutely slaughtered and at 2-6 the season is officially lost…

What ufa players would you be Ok trading at tge deadline, and what would you take for them?

Either Mitch or Mason… both qbs seem redundant and places like Denver are absolutely looking for guys to add… Mason obviously saves more money but Mitch probably has more value…

Larry Ogunjobi or Chris Wormley.. dlinemen that are both Ufas… we seem to have young guys who could use the playing time…

Malik Reed… again, a ufa that wont bring much, but we could offset what we got him for at least

Cam Sutton.. who is a valuable cb, but these young guys seem to deserve some playing time and the guy is probably gone in the off-season. He would definitely be a more desired get for secondary weak teams due to his versatility

Edmunds, who really has increased his value.. Kazee is a natural replacement and also a ufa, it might be worth seeing if someone will pay something low round for our old first rounder and see what Kazee Can do?

Bush… yeah maybe he has value now? I mean if we dealt him for a conditional pick, the biggest asset would be the 1.5 million dollar savings vs the cap… he might be worth keeping just because if he keeps up his ok play someone will take a risk on him and he might help us get a comp pick

Spillane.. if we keep Bush and want to make room for Robinson to see what he has, moving a different backup ilb seems reasonable… spillane might not have much value at all, but maybe a conditional seventh and the million or so we save on salary will be cheap enough for a taker

On offense , outside of the qbs, the only other player that could have value is Gentry… i mean what will trading our best blocker at te do? Make our run game worse?
This team will never gut the team. You might get Rudy off and packing but that is a big if. Just not trading anyone on D as you need each and every one of them to help VS a struggling Offense.

Their draft status should be looking pretty decent unfortunately. So no huge need to stock pile picks IMO.

This team will never gut the team. You might get Rudy off and packing but that is a big if. Just not trading anyone on D as you need each and every one of them to help VS a struggling Offense.

Their draft status should be looking pretty decent unfortunately. So no huge need to stock pile picks IMO.
There isn’t one player on that list that isn’t a ufa anyhow… they could deal them all and get them back if they really wanted to

Howdy Drunk Cope !!!!!

1) Do you see a major coaching firing after the eagles game, or a change at OC with O'Canada being put into a different capacity till end season ?

2) TJ WATT full strength or brining him back a twitch early ?

3) Can George Pickens over-come his frustration before it kills him ? (i know play calling is root cause)

4) Nothing about O'Canada's offensive play calling makes sense. WHY no Najee on screens / flats / wheels ???

Cope, thank you for your time and effort and thanks to those involved as well. Always a great job well done.!!!

Salute the nation

There isn’t one player on that list that isn’t a ufa anyhow… they could deal them all and get them back if they really wanted to
In the mean time the D takes a hit while the O still struggles? Ok with trading Rudy, but never interested in tanking. Trading good and plenty seems to align with tanking.

In the mean time the D takes a hit while the O still struggles? Ok with trading Rudy, but never interested in tanking. Trading good and plenty seems to align with tanking.

NOT a chance in H-E-L-L do I want an incling of "tanking" regardless of what this team does. Currently we pick #7 overall but obviously can change as season progresses. I think we pick top 5 to 11 at end of season.

NO need to tank ever.

Salute the nation

Tanking would be keeping watt out and trading Heyward.. and benching better players… trading ufas is tried and true in every other sport but the nfl for whatever stupid reason …

Tanking would be keeping watt out and trading Heyward.. and benching better players… trading ufas is tried and true in every other sport but the nfl for whatever stupid reason …
Thing is losing Larry, and Edmunds who is having a solid season, and Bush like it or not still grades out decent as a pass defender... creates big enough holes that make it hard for that D to overcome the O's struggles. Just not on board with that approach. And you know outside of Chase we really aren't getting a big return. Just not a worthy exchange for me.

Thing is losing Larry, and Edmunds who is having a solid season, and Bush like it or not still grades out decent as a pass defender... creates big enough holes that make it hard for that D to overcome the O's struggles. Just not on board with that approach. And you know outside of Chase we really aren't getting a big return. Just not a worthy exchange for me.
I see it as freeing up the cap money to actually fill the holes we are going to have in the off-season…and giving playing time to the guys who might make those holes irrelevant…

I could care less if we get all sevenths back for ufas… the other stuff makes it more worthwhile … hell we probably win enough down the stretch with young hungry and potentially improving guys to get a meh pick anyhow… the division isn’t good and most of the teams we face are meh… we have so many guys making that 2-3 million dollars route that moving a few now could
Save enough to bring some of them back… or an adequate upgrade in the off-season…

Hell id ratger watch some of tge young guys and see what they got than the same old guys going through the motions in a lost year

Bush grades out at #55 in league
Jack at #51
SPillane at #41

Take it for what its worth

@ cope. Question: Can you get a face to face interview with Pittsburgh Dad? Honestly him and TJ are my only steeler Joys anymore.

I hear yaz B & G Bleeder but I must add seeing Calvin 3 not being able to catch the moving train was a little entertaining as well.

Salute the nation

Hey Stryker! Help me understand something. When Coach T announced Austin was starting his 21 day window, he didn't sound confident the kid would make it. He didn't, so what is the benefit to the team or player for starting it? Could they have left him on IR longer or would that have impacted Austin's credited years?

Hey Stryker! Help me understand something. When Coach T announced Austin was starting his 21 day window, he didn't sound confident the kid would make it. He didn't, so what is the benefit to the team or player for starting it? Could they have left him on IR longer or would that have impacted Austin's credited years?
This is the main topic of my cast this week!

If anyone wants the long conversation on the Vidcast:

Imagine being the FO of a 2-6 team at the bye week thinking that you need to hold onto QB3 just in case? In case what? you might as well aim at 4-13 and better picks rather than 8-9 and middle of the pack. You might get another Polamalu/Roethlisberger AND a pick for the useless QB3