• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Questions for the Cast 12/30

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope Christmas and all of your other holidays have gone well.

I'm starting late tonight for a show at 7:30pm. If you want to join, click here www.youtube.com/SteelerNation

Not going to lie, I lost track of time doing my company's year ends...

We're still in the hunt!

Let me know your questions for this week!

Hey guys,

Hope Christmas and all of your other holidays have gone well.

I'm starting late tonight for a show at 7:30pm. If you want to join, click here www.youtube.com/SteelerNation

Not going to lie, I lost track of time doing my company's year ends...

We're still in the hunt!

Let me know your questions for this week!
😅

Anywho what is your thoughts on Kenny's season to date?

Xmas went good overall. Did Santa give yinz any Steelers presents?

Steelers-Raiders -Was that a sweet ending to a game or what?

So with the season almost over, were there any guys drafted between Pickett and Pickens that would have been at least as good as the Pickett pick? linderbaum maybe? I’m trying to figure out what realistic targets people might have wanted instead of him …though i think he will prove to be tge best option at that spot

So what under the radar players do you see developing and making an impact next year..

Id vote for the following potential guys coming out of nowhere to be major pieces of the team going forward and potentially stave off the need for a draft pick at a position

5. John Leglue… a 6’7” monster who really showed potential in his first season with us, but was surprisingly relegated to practice squad this year… at worse id expect him to be a valuable depth player on the line next year, but I bet he could earn a spot at LG if he progressed at all.

4. Mark Robinson… the guy is a player. He at worse could be the third ilb on this team and easily could be a starter… his instincts are so much in the mold of Larry Foote or Vince Williams…

3. Mark Gilbert… this dude had first round talent before a pretty serious injury… he has recovered nicely and while raw, could easily become the DB we need to take on premium receivers… i mean assuming that we can develop a DB right lol

2. Conner Heyward… this guy makes way to many great plays for his very limited snaps… he has that feeling of a guy who just needs a chance to really break out… he is why I don’t think we need to look at TE in the draft at all…

1.CA3… assuming that he stays healthy and his speed is utilized correctly, we basically have the answer at slot on the team already… and if Miller and Sims are both back and healthy next year, there might not be the priority on Wr many here seem to think that there is… they dumped Claypool for a reason… he was under contract next year… they weren’t intentionally short-handing themselves…… they have to have some faith in some of these Ir’d and PS receivers…

for the next one:

Since the Steelers will have 7-9 wins this year, the first without Colbert, what does this say of Kahn's performance as GM? And what of Tomlin?
Which staff did a good job (Flores, Meyer?) and who needs to "retire"?

for the next one:

Since the Steelers will have 7-9 wins this year, the first without Colbert, what does this say of Kahn's performance as GM? And what of Tomlin?
Which staff did a good job (Flores, Meyer?) and who needs to "retire"?
That was Colbert's draft, Omar's first one is upcoming.

1. What are the odds of us having a new Special Teams coach next year?
2. if you could choose 1 free agent signing not currently on the team, who would it be for 2023

thanks for doing these

Considering that Matt Canada apparently has another year left on his contract, what are his odds of returning?

Will the Steelers get a new punter next season?

Did the Rooney brother who just recently passed away have much to do with the teams day to day operations and/or success?

Did the Rooney brother who just recently passed away have much to do with the teams day to day operations and/or success?
Unlike most of the other Rooneys, he didn’t completely divest himself from the team when the NFL cracked down on ownership of gambling facilities, he went from 16% ownership to 6%, but if i read all the information correctly, he was just a 1% owner and mostly a silent partner these days. He served on the board of Directors and was the guy in charge of setting up the Latrobe training camp … so id say that was his biggest claim to fame

Great questions. Mad I'm banking your Coaching question for a future cast. I can spend a lot of time on that topic!