• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

R.I.P. Officer Robert Wilson

Where are the cries of "Black lives matter"? Rest in peace Officer Wilson, and thank you for your service.

RIP Officer Wilson, another senseless murder and loss of life.

2 black suspects killing a black cop.....yet no outrage from the black community.

Rest well, Officer Wilson. Your life did matter.

What a senseless tragedy.

RIP Officer Wilson

2 black suspects killing a black cop.....yet no outrage from the black community.

Rest well, Officer Wilson. Your life did matter.

While indeed there is no outrage, there is overwhelming support for the fallen officer's family. This story is sort of local for me, and you wouldn't believe the outpouring of support from all over the area. All races and walks of life. Local news is rife with stories about people showing their support (including fund raisers). Even non-Philadelphians are getting into the act. Its nice to see.

Good to hear Steelerfan. We need more response like that. Sad how that isn't being covered nationally.

What should the outrage be about? How easy it is for ex-cons to acquire guns in our society?, or something else?

What should the outrage be about? How easy it is for ex-cons to acquire guns in our society?, or something else?

I bet he went to a reputable dealer and the background check, too. Oh, wait, no, that is what *I* had to do. I bet if we increased that requirement, he wouldn't have been able to get the gun. Oh, wait, no, that would just increase MY cost. WTF, none of this **** is working!!

I bet he went to a reputable dealer and the background check, too. Oh, wait, no, that is what *I* had to do. I bet if we increased that requirement, he wouldn't have been able to get the gun. Oh, wait, no, that would just increase MY cost. WTF, none of this **** is working!!

clearly that store was not marked as a gun-free zone
tumblr_m7j1jxhHDJ1qky4nho1_500.jpg

With all the outrage about black people being killed by cops, people tend to forget that cops are real human beings with lives and families who put themselves at risk every single day to protect our lives and property. I know a lot of people like to think cops are jackbooted thugs who mostly like to throw their power around harassing innocent gentle youths who are just strolling on their way to church after mowing grandma's lawn, but these are the kinds of people cops have to face every day. They can't always know who is armed and who is not, who is a danger and who is not, who has a toy gun and who is about to shoot them in the head. One risk too many, one wrong snap judgement and they are dead. We should all remember this before we prejudge a cop in one of these renowned "unarmed teen" shooting incidents.

I know a lot of people like to think cops are jackbooted thugs

You mean WHITE jackbooted thugs, right?

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, more LE deaths have been caused by Automobiles than were shot (570 v. 549).

Ban cars, too? Better yet, let's but on government mandated equipment that will make the maximum speed of any vehicle to be something like 10 mph. We will, of course, exempt government vehicles from this requirement. Think of the lives saved, not just of these police officers, but of all of the other accidents. Drunk driving won't kill as many people, either.

IT'S FOR THE ******* CHILDREN!!!

While indeed there is no outrage, there is overwhelming support for the fallen officer's family. This story is sort of local for me, and you wouldn't believe the outpouring of support from all over the area. All races and walks of life. Local news is rife with stories about people showing their support (including fund raisers). Even non-Philadelphians are getting into the act. Its nice to see.

Good. That is how it SHOULD be. People tend to forget that cops are human beings too...with lives outside of the shield.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n6sAN7mhheU/TlOk4I5FUzI/AAAAAAAAAyg/m5ShpQP2xAU/s1600/police.png

Britain has had 68 police officers shot and killed in 110 years. It takes a little over a year for us.

I guess gun laws don't work.

Nor, apparently, does your brain that often. The UK population is 64Million compared to approximately 360Million in the USA (including illegal/undocumented immigrants). When you try to insert a red herring into a discussion, please don't make compares on absolute numbers.

RIP Officer Wilson. I hope that someday people in this culture will quit being political pawns for agendas, and start valuing life, hard work, integrity, other people, etc. If we built that culture here, you might well be playing with your boy today.

God have mercy on this once great nation, and give us wisdom.