• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rand Paul does not like the Patriot Act? Bush fumbles.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Paul's anti Patriot act will not sit well with the base.

Jeb Bush better get his political sea legs back quickly...

The ^ points up for Walker, and Rubio, but I question if either are political heavyweights capable of beating Clinton.

Paul is 100% right. Meta-data collection is unconstitutional and actually hinders finding real terrorists. Bush looks like a moron trying to answer a simple question.

A lot of the base is kinda libertarian when it comes to Big Brother surveillance. I think most Republicans will be good with it.

I use to think Jeb was smarter than W, now I don't. He won't be President.

I think Hillary wins and in 2020 it will be Hillary vs Romney.
I think Romney saw that 2016 was going to be a big Republican mess and by
2020 he will look like the only one qualified to run.

when does your book debut?

"qualified" by whose definition.

Romney isnt qualified. He once did something very mean to a classmate in school.

Hitlery is our man.

21STEELERS21;132847 I use to think Jeb was smarter than W said:
I think[/B] Hillary wins and in 2020 it will be Hillary vs Romney.

when does your book debut?

"qualified" by whose definition.

I'm thinkin'..nobody cares what you think 21, that's what I'm thinkin'

vrGEyXX.jpg

BWB4PN1.jpg

Last edited:
If it ends up being Jeb vs. Hillary there's going to be a lot of people on both sides who will stay home on election day.

this is exactly what the powers that run the clowncar puppet show want, imo....

We shouldn't stay home, we should vote Libertarian to get them over the 5% hump.

We shouldn't stay home, we should vote Libertarian to get them over the 5% hump.

Yes you should if you are serious about conservatism.

Paul is 100% right. Meta-data collection is unconstitutional and actually hinders finding real terrorists. Bush looks like a moron trying to answer a simple question.

Vader,

The act is needed to protect the USA and allies. It's for national security. If the law ever became too much, then they can change it. Various government organizations can access your cel phone, use it as microphone, turn on your camera on...even when your phone is off.

Jeb used up one of his few Mulligan's. He had better get his political sea legs back fast, and be better prepared to answer questions about his father and brother.

I felt Romney was a B- to C+ type of candidate who was did not serve enough time as governor and wasn't famous enough. He cleaned Obama's clock in a the first debate ( After it was over I though the election was 50/50! ), but let his foot off the gas in the other two.

Vader,

The act is needed to protect the USA and allies. It's for national security. If the law ever became too much, then they can change it. Various government organizations can access your cel phone, use it as microphone, turn on your camera on...even when your phone is off.

It didn't protect the U.S. from the Boston bombers when they KNEW who they were and were even warned about them from Russia. It is unconstitutional to collect records without a specific warrant. Hell that was part of the reason for the revolutionary war. The Brits were issuing general warrants and going into people's homes and businesses "just cause".

If you want to change the constitution then get enough states to vote for it. But right now it's not legal and it's not working anyway. Why collect every scrap of data when you don't have the people (and never can have) to study it all? It makes no sense.

We should be concerning ourselves with ways to prevent Moosechell from winning in 2024. The 16 & 20 elections are already done, Hillary will not be beaten by anyone now. Rand Paul may have been the best bet, but he is going all flakey now.

Most americans will vote for Clinton and not pay any attention to the many scandals she is tied to. She knows it. That is why she doesn't even answer questions. Rubio speaks we'll and has clearly shown his prowess at thinking on his feet, ready for the media attacks. Paul has as well, but the media is out to smear them.

Vader,

Vader all ready pointed out why it won't work and why it hasn't up till now. I would just add this. If they can gain access to your electronic coms to monitor without a warrant they can plant things in them. Its not a stretch from one to the other. Remember FBI really stands for Famous But Incompetent and they have engaged in entrapment and evidence tampering before.

Last edited:

NSA winds down once-secret phone-records collection program

In a chaotic scene during the wee hours of Saturday, Senate Republicans blocked a bill known as the USA Freedom Act, which would have ended the NSA's bulk collection but preserved its ability to search the records held by the phone companies on a case-by-case basis. The bill was backed by President Barack Obama, House Republicans and the nation's top law enforcement and intelligence officials.

It fell just three votes short of the 60 needed for passage. All the "no" votes but one were cast by Republicans, some of whom said they thought the USA Freedom Act didn't go far enough to help the NSA maintain its capabilities.

If Senate Republican leaders were counting on extending current law and continuing the negotiations, they miscalculated. Democrats and libertarian-minded Republicans refused to go along. A bill to grant a two-month extension of the law failed, and senators objected to each attempt by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky offer up a short term extension.

Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky's other senator and a Republican presidential candidate, called the Senate's failure to allow an extension of the surveillance programs a victory for privacy rights.

And a presumed GOP presidential candidate, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, took a veiled swipe at Paul by blaming the failure to extend the Patriot Act on "misguided ideologues who have no real world experience in fighting terrorism."
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150523/us-nsa-surveillance-dbd7e82d6e.html