• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rand Paul: We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge

Spike

Reaction score
Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) ripped fellow Republican Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) on Sunday after McCain criticized President Trump’s escalating war of words with the media.

He argued that the nation is “very lucky” that Trump is president and not McCain, who won the 2008 GOP nomination but lost to Barack Obama in the general election.

Paul said that McCain’s recent criticisms of Trump are driven by his “personal dispute” with the president over foreign policy.

He added that McCain and Trump are at odds because McCain supports the wide deployment of U.S. troops to protect and promote American interests abroad while he characterized Trump’s views as closer to a realpolitik approach to foreign policy. “Everything that he says about the president is colored by his own personal dispute he’s got running with President Trump, and it should be taken with a grain of salt, because John McCain’s the guy who’s advocated for war everywhere,” Paul said on ABC’s “This Week.”

“He would bankrupt the nation. We’re very lucky John McCain’s not in charge, because I think we’d be in perpetual war,” Paul added.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/320290-rand-paul-were-very-lucky-john-mccains-not-in-charge

=======================================

Insane McCain is part of the dying GOPe.....get rid of him..you lost and Donald won....get over it

I think he's king of the RINOS and has to go. I couldn't believe he got reelected this last time. He is no longer a viable legislator. In any regard.

I think he's king of the RINOS and has to go. I couldn't believe he got reelected this last time. He is no longer a viable legislator. In any regard.

Too much name recognition and money to get beat in the primary. His Democratic opponent was a snowflake who's only campaign message was that she wore cowgirl boots as a girl and still does. Guessing this is his last term and is trying to prove something, by going on any talk show that will have him.

He should be water boarded, just to make sure he's not secretly working for the Viet Cong.

He should be water boarded, just to make sure he's not secretly working for the Viet Cong.

LOL...maybe they planted some kind of device in his head while he was a captive.

lindseymccain.jpg

Just another reason to have term limits. Reid, Pelosi and now McCain definitely seem to have gone completely senile in their old age. Reid finally retired but Pelosi, McCain and others need to go as well.