• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rand Paul's tax plan is awesome!

I would slightly prefer the Fair Tax but either is better than the convoluted train wreck of special interest pandering that we have now.

I'd have to find a real job. I guess I could work for Ron. I hear he pays very well.

I think the true number would be closer to 20-30% unless we want to get serious about cutting spending. Hilarious to think we'd cut, I know.

I think the true number would be closer to 20-30% unless we want to get serious about cutting spending. Hilarious to think we'd cut, I know.

If anyone calculated the true costs of the "advocat class" of accountants, lawyers and tax lawyers (**** y'all Yankees for inventing this special class of vampire squid stuck to the face of humanity), and realized that they, and some actufairies like Ark would be cast out, the real tax costs would be about half what they are now. Simple math: GDP/government spending.

Only the thieves need to make it complicated.

Ed: Union leaders would soon be seen to be the same the above "advocat" class, and go to the same place as Chemo-salesman will one day....

I'd have to find a real job. I guess I could work for Ron. I hear he pays very well.
He is this week. Busy as hell for a change.

I hear the Todd Adult Theater is looking for a jizz mopper.

Without taking 70% of the money out of the hands of the people that actually create commerce with it we would all be a lot better off.

And the rumor on the street is that a 'southern division' may be in the works for the not so distant future. Like we need another damn Yankee comin' down here, tryin' to tell us how to do everything.

And the rumor on the street is that a 'southern division' may be in the works for the not so distant future. Like we need another damn Yankee comin' down here, tryin' to tell us how to do everything.

You sound like me with all the Kalifornians flocking to the desert.

And I thought you were from Blairsville?

I'm happy to go along to get along since I won't be cold and wet half the year.

Mrs. Burgundy is from Blairsville.

14.5% flat-rate tax applied equally to all personal income, including wages, salaries, dividends, capital gains, rents and interest. All deductions except for a mortgage and charities would be eliminated. The first $50,000 of income for a family of four would not be taxed. For low-income working families, the plan would retain the earned-income tax credit.
- Rand Paul

This would make the middle class a lot richer. But which programs will be cut?

Why not start with all of them and then add back as needed/merited?

The middle class has been sliding backward with rising medical costs, rising costs of college, inflation, and such. Many are in debt. Put more money in the pockets of the middle class and the economy would boom as the spend it. This is a Republican message. We are not going to win the bottom 20%, but with a plan like this we could win the majority of the working to middle class. Say those who fall between 40-60% on the economic scale.

The cuts would be tough. Many are on food stamps and depend on the governmental safety net. You could not cut that.

Mrs. Burgundy is from Blairsville.

Not me Zona, my wife on the other hand is of the Muir clan and a native of Blairsville that was rescued from that drab existence by a handsome Vale Tech student that hailed from Montour Heights (Moon HS). Not much left up there family wise so we haven't been near there in a very long time but it was a handy hang out when we went to Latrobe in Aug.

I hope you had as gooda luck as I did JonBoy. Next spring is our 50th.

The middle class has been sliding backward with rising medical costs, rising costs of college, inflation, and such. Many are in debt. Put more money in the pockets of the middle class and the economy would boom as the spend it. This is a Republican message. We are not going to win the bottom 20%, but with a plan like this we could win the majority of the working to middle class. Say those who fall between 40-60% on the economic scale.

The cuts would be tough. Many are on food stamps and depend on the governmental safety net. You could not cut that.
"The success of welfare is not measured by how many people are on it but rather by how many people no longer need it." -- Ronald Reagan

Why not start with all of them and then add back as needed/merited?

giphy.gif

Not me Zona, my wife on the other hand is of the Muir clan and a native of Blairsville that was rescued from that drab existence by a handsome Vale Tech student that hailed from Montour Heights (Moon HS). Not much left up there family wise so we haven't been near there in a very long time but it was a handy hang out when we went to Latrobe in Aug.

You're not missing anything.

"The success of welfare is not measured by how many people are on it but rather by how many people no longer need it." -- Ronald Reagan

"We're the only country in the world with fat poor people." -- Carrot Top

And I'd add "...who watch cable and play xbox on big screen TVs all day"

We're a long way away from welfare cuts.

Oh I don't know, Chestnut Ridge GC has grown up and developed quite a reputation since I played it long ago. I wouldn't mind another crack at it and their new course, Tom's Run too.

As I recall, Chestnut Ridge was in very nice shape when I hacked around it about 5 years ago.

And only reason I mention Blairsville is that my grandfather owned a diner there about 50 years ago or so.

I hope you had as gooda luck as I did JonBoy. Next spring is our 50th.

So how did you manage to steal her away from that "handsome" fella? ;)

"We're the only country in the world with fat poor people." -- Carrot Top

And I'd add "...who watch cable and play xbox on big screen TVs all day"

We're a long way away from welfare cuts.

Amen to that. I can't imagine what kind of chaos would erupt across the Country if career welfare recipients were told they have to actually do something for their money or lose it.

UDwZzUj.jpg

TVqRkPM.jpg