• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ray-Ray McCloud Says Goodbye to Steeler Nation

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers attempted to re-sign Ray-Ray McCloud, but with multiple teams reportedly interested, they ultimately lost out to San Francisco.

McCloud was an unlikely story that was an after thought to most when he was signed in May of 2020. But his outstanding special teams plays, namely his return game helped him make the Steelers 53 man roster.

In his career McCloud has averaged 9.5 yards per punt return and 22.4 yards per kick return. In 2021 he led the NFL in punt returns and punt return yards.

McCloud was never able to bust off that touchdown for the Steelers in the return game and because of that most fans under estimate his value as a returner. They shouldn’t considering the talent that Mike Tomlin has put back to return kicks in the past. Carey Davis, Najeh Davenport, and Issac Redman to name a few.

Thank you Pittsburgh
‼

My time as a Steeler was nothing but great memories these past 2yrs. I am 4ever grateful to have been apart of a great organization. Coaches, staff and fans thank you for taking me in with open hands. Pittsburgh you guys are 4ever engraved in my career!
🖤
pic.twitter.com/g9TkK4c4Qm

— RayRay McCloud III (@RMIII_34) March 19, 2022

The Steelers luckily were able to sign All-Pro return man Gunner Olszewski to a contract after McCloud agreed with the 49ers.

McCloud finishes his Steelers career with 665 yards returning punts, and 1412 yards on kick returns.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Best of luck RayRay you know the deal just not against us.👊

See ya! You’ve already been replaced in the return game with an all pro. As for you snaps as a receiver, Anthony Miller is a much better option.