• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT - Steelers Lose Cam Heyward For Multiple Weeks With Groin Injury

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Flash backs of 2022 are likely now on the minds of Pittsburgh Steelers fans as news just broke that All Pro defensive lineman Cam Heyward is likely to miss multiple games. Two years in a row the Steelers have lost All-Pro's during their week one contests. Last year it was TJ Watt missing nearly the first half of the season and this year it will be Heyward.

READ MORE

Leal and Benton better step up or there goes the season

Activate Fehoko in the middle and keep him there unless it's third and long. They need to concentrate on stopping the run. Give the inside linebackers some space to move.

Yikes! Well Cam is what 34 so these things are going to happen more frequent with aging players.
Leal, Benton, Loudermilk, Adams have to step up and yes, they need to bring up Fehoko to plug the middle.

As soon as I hear possible surgery, that means tear. He's going to be out a considerable amount of time if that's the case.

His body is breaking down. Large man. High impact collisions year after year.

Can't believe Cam went back in after his original injury. Especially with the game out of hand. Really have to question the medical and coaching staff.

As soon as I hear possible surgery, that means tear. He's going to be out a considerable amount of time if that's the case.
I hear up to 8 weeks.

Now that depth we bragged about in the off-season will get tested

I hear up to 8 weeks.

Now that depth we bragged about in the off-season will get tested
At least. I've done before,but didn't have surgery. It was more like 12 weeks for me and I wasn't playing football at the highest level.

Just heard on the Fan needs surgery and probably out at least 8 weeks.

Williamson and Lolley were discussing how despite the bad game Benton showed he needs to be on the field I think he claims a starting spot now and never gives it up. Leal had a few decent plays if he is healthy. Fehoko will be called up. I think we will end up being ok on the line. Get Cam healthy for the second half to come in when needed but not play as much.

What are Cleveland's terms of surrender?
James Harrison must apologize to the fan he body slammed years ago and buy him a box of Twinkies and a back massager. Mason Rudolph must wash Myles Garrett's jock strap in his helmet after practice for the whole season...Mason's not busy anyway and should make himself useful.

Can't believe Cam went back in after his original injury. Especially with the game out of hand. Really have to question the medical and coaching staff.
I’ve been doing that for 16 years now…. Way too many dumb risks through the years and they seem to occasionally go through a series of similar issues I’ve suspected was from bad training methods

Deshaun Watson was out for much longer when he paid some people to operate on his groin area

The hits just keep on coming.

Cam Heyward is the team's best defensive lineman. The Steelers need to put Fehoko on the active squad and have him play 2 downs ala Casey Hampton. The damn defense needs to STOP THE FREAKING RUN.

Put Benton in Cam's spot in 5-tech, where he played a bit at Wisconsin and where he has the athletic skills to hold the spot. Put Benton in the 3-tech on passing downs when Fehoko is removed.

Oh, and put out a missing person report on Alex Highsmith. I did not see him in the game yesterday, but did see him on a milk carton.

sucks. Keep the hits coming

200w.gif

And this is why you don't push the mortgage down the road. You end up with an at the edge of over the hill player who is just worn down some making way too much cash. The idea that they let him go in the game is just another level of incompetence though. We will never know if any extra damage was done there likely not but C'mon. Guy was listed as questionable of playing with stomach (core I assume) and then plays, gets hurt, goes in again and then can barely walk. Not a great look.

Cam is a huge loss, but at least Benton is a young player with big upside. Maybe the Steelers can play a more scheme sound system which focuses on stopping the run rather than rushing the passer all the time.