• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT: Steelers set to interview Bucs’ John Spytek for GM position

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The search for the Pittsburgh Steelers‘ next General Manager continues as NFL Network‘s Tom Pelissero reported earlier this evening that the team plans to interview John Spytek next:

The #Steelers plan to interview #Bucs VP of player personnel John Spytek for their GM job, per source.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) February 12, 2022

Spytek was elevated from Director to Vice President of Player Personnel for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2016, and previously spent time with the Denver Broncos (2013-2016), Cleveland Browns (2010-2013) and the Philadelphia Eagles (2005-2010) in professional scout roles. He also spent time with the Detroit Lions (2004-2005) originally as a Football Operations Intern.

Spytek will join a crowded candidacy room in Pittsburgh including Morocco Brown, Ryan Cowden, Ed Dodds, Omar Khan, Louis Riddick, John Wojciechowski and JoJo Wooden.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I am pretty sure I am next in line for the interview. wish me luck
Crazy list isn't it? Pretty sure when Colbert came aboard it wasn't this indepth of a search. I had that list of bad decisions started, looks like I will need to start one for good decisions. Keep them coming!

Maybe their looking for more than one guy?

Not 2 GM's....but creating a new position to compliment the GM role.

I am pretty sure I am next in line for the interview. wish me luck

This time wear a shirt................................. and take a bath.!!!

A_n_d

leave that exposed G-string at home, I know Coolie gave that you one night a long time ago but it's stained and fraying.

Other than that, good luck brother !!!!!

Salute the nation

Crazy list isn't it? Pretty sure when Colbert came aboard it wasn't this indepth of a search. I had that list of bad decisions started, looks like I will need to start one for good decisions. Keep them coming!

I hear yaz slash, kick the many tires as you never know,................ a I right ?

I think this candidate has some good qualities judging from his past experience. I like the fact he came from scouting, very important skill in a GM in my opinion.

Anyone notice he has a little Detroit in him..............................

Salute the nation

This time wear a shirt................................. and take a bath.!!!

A_n_d

leave that exposed G-string at home, I know Coolie gave that you one night a long time ago but it's stained and fraying.

Other than that, good luck brother !!!!!

Salute the nation
Sage advice. Thank you. Other than the g-string.

Or someone willing to share control with the head coach?

If this is the case it will be unfortunate if said HC has final say. A GM needs to be able to make both the player and fiscal decisions but definately head coach influenced. Sort of like a tantum team relasionship.

Salute the nation

There is the problem! Tomlin has far too much control.
Yea and this year's war room will be difficult for Colbert considering if there's a split in opinion Tomlin will be throwing out the "I gotta live with this pick, you don't."

If we pick Malik Willis this pick could set us back years. The Bush pick which has Tomlin written all over it is bad enough but if they reach for this guy. They should stay pat at 20, pick the best OL or DL on the board and build these lines. Even if it means going with Rudy for a season and heaven forbid we have a losing season, draft our QB next year. These QBs are just not worth taking the risk on and if anyone has a chance it’s Kenny who is most NFL ready but he has to be a good situation. The rest are projects they are a crap shoot. No to Malik Willis!

If we pick Malik Willis this pick could set us back years. The Bush pick which has Tomlin written all over it is bad enough but if they reach for this guy. They should stay pat at 20, pick the best OL or DL on the board and build these lines. Even if it means going with Rudy for a season and heaven forbid we have a losing season, draft our QB next year. These QBs are just not worth taking the risk on and if anyone has a chance it’s Kenny who is most NFL ready but he has to be a good situation. The rest are projects they are a crap shoot. No to Malik Willis!
I'm not saying I want any of the QBs this year, but they're already set back years as it is until they find the next QB. Next year it looks like Young/Stroud at the top and then a bunch of guys with just as many question marks as the guys this year.