• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Steelers Sign Defensive Lineman Eli Ankou to Practice Squad

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have reportedly signed Eli Ankou to their practice squad:

The #Steelers are signing DT Eli Ankou to their practice squad, per source.

— Doug Kyed (@DougKyed) October 4, 2021

This comes a day after the team’s third straight loss. Ankou is a defensive tackle and could find himself called to action if the run defense doesn’t improve. It is also worth noting Carlos Davis has yet to practice or shown any indication of returning from his knee injury. Ankou could be an insurance policy in case Davis ends up on IR.

We welcome Ankou to the organization and wish him luck as he joins the team.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

How do you pronounce that? (Ankou)

This is a magnificent gamble.. this guy was supposed to be a true 3-4 NT type and instead was put in alot of 4-3 DT roles… he has raw talent and gets a lot of looks but hasn’t found a system to thrive in

That's what we needed! SuperBowl baby, here we come! ;) In all seriousness if this team doesn't get better at stopping the run up the middle, this season is going to be more painful by the week.

Joe

I'm on board with this as it shows FO is trying. Broaden your vision and try bringing in a OT or OL.

Salute the nation

Just curious... what happened to Dontari Poe? He used to be be a beast and now he is a FA. Is he hurt, old, out of shape.... all of the above? Would he be worth a look too?

Just curious... what happened to Dontari Poe? He used to be be a beast and now he is a FA. Is he hurt, old, out of shape.... all of the above? Would he be worth a look too?
I heard Casey Hampton is available also.

I heard Casey Hampton is available also.
What do they have to do with each other besides the both play NT? Big Snack retired in 2012 the same year Poe was drafted and Poe was playing last year. 8/9 years in the league is not over hill, but who knows maybe he did a Woolley and got to big and sucks now... I don’t know.

That's what we needed! SuperBowl baby, here we come! ;) In all seriousness if this team doesn't get better at stopping the run up the middle, this season is going to be more painful by the week.

Joe
The D could make you eat your words, Joe. lol

sign peko former bengal used to a massive force at the 1T good thing is this CDN kis is big 6"3 330 about. as far as the OL Moore needs help to chip they really need to use a unbalnced line wat i want too see
main set until line can handle von and the fast d of Denver twin te 2 WR 1 RB
te like 6th ol Gentry Moore Finney Green Turner Haeg Ebron Jhonson Chase Harris then spread it out