• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report – Steelers Tried to Sign Safety Kareem Jackson

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers need a safety, and apparently they were trying to sign one in the last couple of days.

According to a report by ESPN Insider Jeremy Fowler the Steelers made a hard push to sign veteran Kareem Jackson.

Kareem Jackson back in fold in Denver – Steelers made a push to sign him but Broncos closed it out.

RT @Broncos: pic.twitter.com/QSrjhFWWaZ

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 8, 2022

Jackson who is 34 years old agreed to a one year contract with the Broncos on Thursday evening. Last season as a starter Jackson recorded 88 tackles and one interception.

Jackson obviously isn’t breaking the bank at 34 years old. But it says a lot about what the Steelers current plan may be in regards to the safety position. If they were willing to sign a player nearing the end of the line then maybe they are planning to draft one to be groomed.

It also says that they aren’t necessarily out on Tyrann Mathieu who is turning 29 and looking for his fourth NFL contract.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Odd as they usually prefer younger. Maybe their other interests are asking too much.

This definitely means they have high round targets for the SS position. The last SteelerNataion 7 round mock might be very correct in that sense

This definitely means they have high round targets for the SS position. The last SteelerNataion 7 round mock might be very correct in that sense

Agreed. Several good prospects fit the bill for a SS who can handle physical tight ends, play in the box when needed, and attack running plays. Jalen Pitre, Jaquan Brisker, Tycen Anderson, and a guy likely available in the 5th 6th 7th, JT Woods from Baylor. Woods has the size and speed to cover TE's, played in the box effectively at Baylor, very good recognizing and breaking up pass plays as evidenced by his 12 PD's and 9 interceptions combined the past two seasons, totaling 23 games.

Odd as they usually prefer younger. Maybe their other interests are asking too much.

B-I-N-G-O

The Honey Badger is asking for to much honey with his bisquits. The STEELERS are limited on $$$ due to the big contract coming up with Our very own Minkah.

I think the Badger has the "REVIS" island mind that he is wanting high rental for a small amount of time. Semi load of honey whereas the STEELERS only have a milk delivery truck full of honey.

I'm pretty sure the Conversation of the Honey Badger is near or as close to it as dead unless the Honey wagon is shortened to a limited load.

Salute the nation

I agree Litos. To me it also speaks to their thoughts on Edmunds.

I think if Edmonds took their offer they would bring him back but still look for upgrade in draft. Edmonds offer would be pretty low I think as that's why he is holding off on that decision untill after draft to see if any team might bite.

Salute the nation

I agree Litos. To me it also speaks to their thoughts on Edmunds.

Edmunds is not terrible. He is an effective tackler, usually does a decent job as single-high in preventing long TD's. However, he is very bad - indescribably bad - at anticipating and breaking up passes, cannot find the ball in the air, and rarely contests a catch even when he is on the receiver's hip due to his seeming inability to know where the hell the ball is.

Kyle Hamilton come on down
What's the deal with Kyle Hamilton right now? Is it wishful thinking because they used one of their 30 visits with him or is there actual smoke to him falling out of the top-10 of the draft?

Wishful thinking