• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Taco Charlton Elevated From Practice Squad

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have elevated defensive end Taco Charlton from the practice squad to the active roster:

We have elevated DE Taco Charlton to the Active/Inactive roster from the practice squad.

After Sunday’s game with Cleveland, Charlton will automatically revert to the practice squad without having to pass through waivers.

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 30, 2021

Charlton was signed to the Steelers practice squad in late September. He has yet to make an appearance on the active roster until now. Charlton was drafted the same year as defensive teammate TJ Watt, going two picks before Watt to the Dallas Cowboys.

Charlton has 11 career sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries over a 4 year span. As mentioned before, he has yet to play a game in 2021. Charlton’s elevation is likely due to the doubtful tag placed on Melvin Ingram for tomorrow’s contest against the Cleveland Browns.

Charlton will look to contribute in anyway he can if he dresses up. We look forward to his contributions and to see what he can add to this already volatile defense. Pittsburgh will look to avenge their Wildcard playoff loss last year tomorrow at 1 o’clock in Cleveland.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I realize he was a round one guy but it's funny how a name gets recognized. If this guy was Rick Smith would we be talking about this.

Unless Rick Smith can serve up Tacos, then NO.

I don't think this is the answer to the disaperance of Tuitt, but I do think this is a depth move until Stefon is located.

Salute the nation

Enchilada got picked up as well. Enchilada&Taco will play in sub packages.

LoL

Are you saying we can get enchiladas and tacos in a meal deal package at Subway ?

Salute the nation

I don't think this is the answer to the disaperance of Tuitt, but I do think this is a depth move until Stefon is located.

Salute the nation
I think Taco will be playing OLBer.

Yes Taco is an edge guy… a former first round bust but he has some sacks and forced fumbles in limited starts

I'm not sure if he plays DE or OLB. If he's OLB, I'd rotate him in on some snaps to spell Watt or Highsmith instead of Tuszka. Just have him rush the passer and not drop back into coverage at all.

I'm not sure if he plays DE or OLB. If he's OLB, I'd rotate him in on some snaps to spell Watt or Highsmith instead of Tuszka. Just have him rush the passer and not drop back into coverage at all.
He is going to be a olb/edge… I don’t know how he will do with the run or coverage but he can get a little pressure…. Maybe he is just a late bloomer like dupree

When I pulled him up to check him out it said DE but as pointed out he will more than likely play OLB and I agree on your "rush" statement.

Salute the nation

The only reason Tuszka is over him is because he plays ST. I fully expect Taco to be WAAAAAAY better than Tuszka off the edge at OLB...