• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Riddle me this

ark steel

Reaction score
I keep seeing these meme and other stories about how cannibus can cure cancer and it is Big Pharma''s ownership of the political process that keeps it illegal.

So, I wondered if other countries which legalize canninbus (or decriminalize ) have problems with cancer. It doesn't seem legal (according to wikipedia) in many places. The most famous seems to be the Netherlands. However, they seem to be top 15 in the world for cancer rates.

For whatit is worth, I think it should be legal. Just thought the above was odd.

I've never heard it cures cancer, I thought its use just reduced cancer pain.

THC does treat some cancers tumors. Treatment with cannabis oil has been shown to shrink particularly glioblastoma tumors. What people forget is there isn't just one form of cancer. Every type of cancer has a different genetic make up so there are different treatments for them all.what is universal with cannabis and cancer is the use of cannabis as a symptomatic treatment for pain and nausea.

you may have to consider that Denmark's high population of people with cancer could also be due to people moving there to access weed legally.

http://www.thelocal.dk/20150210/immigration-into-denmark-at-an-all-time-high

New figures from Statistics Denmark show that nearly 65,000 foreigners moved to Denmark in 2014, an all-time record for the highest number of immigrants in a single year. The 64,874 foreign nationals who came to Denmark last year represented a 15 percent increase over 2013, which held the previous record.

Although the largest single group of immigrants were the 5,377 Syrians who came to Denmark, the record 40,059 immigrants from Western countries far outpaced the 24,815 who came from non-Western countries.

The number of Western immigrants in Denmark has grown rapidly, having more than doubled since 2004 and increasing fivefold since 1984.

It is the endocannabinoid system found in all mammals silly! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system)

Strange that folks haven't heard about this very prevalent cell receptor system from their doctors, pharmacists or other medical professionals.

What would people do if it was widely known that every mammal internally produced cannabinoids that bound to receptor sites linked to neurological and immunological benefit? And that nature produced plants on 6 continents, including cannabis, that produce very similar phyto-cannabinoids that seem to mimic those internally produced? And what if many ailments (disease-states) could actually be imbalances (food, stress or evironmentally caused) of these cannabinoids? And that by simply elevating phyto-cannabiniod levels, the body can heal itself without many crazy-***, expensive drugs?

And what if there were many phyto-cannabinnoids, and ONLY ONE (THC) caused psycho-activity? What if you could just remove that one, and produce a bunch of healthful stuff (sort of like a vitamin or mineral) that would simply allow mammals to allow their bodies to heal themselves?

What if positive results were felt, not by all, but by many, with many different health-related issues (Chrohn's, diabetes, MS,... anyone?) by simply ingesting small, daily amounts of something processed like vitamin C or corn oil?

You could look it up.

There would have to be a lot of powerful money hiding something with public health benefits like that, right?

I've never heard it cures cancer, I thought its use just reduced cancer pain.

I see both. I think the second, I think, is obvious in its workings with pain and, in particular, nauseousness.

Interesting stuff. I read a lot about how Big Pharma is keeping low cost cancer treatments away from the US citizens so I was thinking those diseases must be eradicated in other countries (clearly they aren't).

What triggered it this morning was a cannibus cures cancer meme. Just gives off the vibe that countries with legal cannabis don't have cancers...again, clearly untrue.

The Cuban "cure for lung cancer for $1" a few months ago turned out to be something that only affected 1 particular form of lung cancer and didn't actually cure it but, in part of the population, allowed them to live like 2 months longer.