• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ripping Tomlin on 93.7 The Fan

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
Listening to Cook and Joe this morning and both Starkey and Cook say it’s time for Tomlin to move on.
They think seventeen years is too long and not only would it be best for the Steelers but also for Tomlin.
They think he’s lost a lot of these guys particularly Pickens and Art II should move on. The only way they say he should be back if Art II tells him he must revamp pretty much his entire coaching staff and to strip away personnel decisions. They think if Art forced these changes Tomlin would most likely leave on his own.
My own opinion I think it’s very interesting that Art didn’t extend him before the 23 season. Can’t see how the hell he can get an extension after this collapse.

What if the Steelers win the next three?
Just asking …👀
He still needs to go. Losing to the Cards and Pats at home back to back is enough, as if the rest of the last 10 years isn't. Underachieving isn't a new thing for this team. Mike Tomlin might be a great football coach, but the milk has gone bad in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin in his presser sounded really nervous and at a loss on how to fix things.
This boat has more and more holes springing up all the time.
He’s taking responsibility but appears surprised by how screwed up things have gotten.
I really believe more now than ever before that this longevity thing the Steelers do with their head coaches is more of a detriment.
Bill Walsh once said ten years is long enough for a head coach in one place.
Steelers need a change and so does Tomlin and that’s not a bad thing.

What if the Steelers win the next three?
Just asking

Bite your tongue.

The worst case scenario for us fans is they finish strong and give some semblance of hope...Its a sad day it has come to this but something major needs to change.

I am surprised how many people are thinking like I am and actually wanting them to lose out so whatever change is made, will be amplified. The guys on the morning show were even saying they are hoping the Bengals win.

If Tomlin is such a rare and incredible specimen, then surely some team would pay dearly for him. Give me two first round draft picks and send his *** to Washington or Carolina, maybe he can do better at re-building a team then what he has done here.

I'm torn on Tomlin, but without doing any research, that seems kinda $hitty.
4 out of 17 is absolutely factual. Someone mentioned it over a month ago and I looked it up. I was stunned. Never would have believed it was that bad. But it is.

4 out of 17 is absolutely factual. Someone mentioned it over a month ago and I looked it up. I was stunned. Never would have believed it was that bad. But it is.
I posted it in another thread, but it's not as bad as what I thought as the Steelers rank 8th in the league during that time with that stat (assuming I did my research correctly). However, I'll also say it's alright to hold the Steelers to a higher standard, especially not having a playoff win in 7 years.

I posted it in another thread, but it's not as bad as what I thought as the Steelers rank 8th in the league during that time with that stat (assuming I did my research correctly). However, I'll also say it's alright to hold the Steelers to a higher standard, especially not having a playoff win in 7 years.
2 out of the past 13 is jarring next to Noll's 2 out of 12 from '80-'91 in supposedly the mediocre years of the 1980s and the garbage we had at QB after TB. Not to mention both Cowher and Noll never went more than 4 years without a playoff win during their dips and Tomlin did this mostly with a franchise QB at the helm.