• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rivalries,………….. best in the NFL

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure most would agree that the Baltimore / PITTSBURGH rivalry is the best in the NFL, and has been for a very very long time.

It helps that the division is one of the tougher divisions as well. (Currently the absolute toughest).

Many big games from & with Baltimore and we are currently on a 7-1 game stretch with them.

I have a ton of them, but any favorite plays that decided the game you might want to share would be great.!!

Article is from Home page here at STEELERNATION.com. Worth the read

Even has a small section about the the made for TV “hard knocks”.

Salute the nation

What kind of SN writer starts a story with : Despite the Rats perceived superiority....

Fuuck off.
Never true

Clicks, I had to read that line twice and both time I thought (very clearly) ……. WTF

7-1 in the last eight games, that 4 season’s worth.

The Author must believe what they hear from the talking heads.

Salute the nation

What kind of SN writer starts a story with : Despite the Rats perceived superiority....

Fuuck off.
Never true

That is how not the writer perceives it though. It's how he says the Rats perceive it.

His sentence before that.. Although the Ravens have recently been considered the "better" team, they haven't been able to dominate the Steelers.

Their recent perceived superiority meaning that they perceive themselves as the better overall team.

Recent all right...as in only the last 2 years having the better overall record than the Steelers.

Last edited:
Steelers/Ravens isn’t the same at the 2000’s/early 2010’s.

Or I’m just older and haven’t really gotten as hyped as the former years

That is how not the writer perceives it though. It's how he says the Rats perceive it.

His sentence before that.. Although the Ravens have recently been considered the "better" team, they haven't been able to dominate the Steelers.

Their recent perceived superiority meaning that they perceive themselves as the better overall team.

Recent all right...as in only the last 2 years having the better overall record than the Steelers.
Dude, he wrote those words.

Yes he did. He wrote how the Ravens perceived themselves as being superior.
No. Reread

"Despite the Ravens' perceived superiority, the Steelers have consistently held their own, showcasing the competitive nature of this rivalry"

And then read what DIC wrote to further clarify.

Last edited:
No. Reread

"Despite the Ravens' perceived superiority, the Steelers have consistently held their own, showcasing the competitive nature of this rivalry"

And then read what DIC wrote to further clarify.

Ok I understand, I just don't find what he said at all alarming.
To perceive something could either mean to become aware of something that's true.... or to form an opinion about or interpret something.
I took the writers statement to mean an opinion formed not by him but by outside observers.

So the perception that the Rats have been superior only recently has some validity due to them finishing ahead of the Steelers the last two years.

I'd have a real issue if someone perceived the Ravens as historically being superior to the Steelers.

We own this division. We may lend out the division title at times, but we still own this division.

Today the Steelers/Rats rivalry is tops.

Back in the day it was Steelers/ Clowns, Steelers/Raiders.

Agree on the rat’s rivalry.

Ben ROETHLISBERGER killed any rivalry that was left, once the ****-stains entered back into the league.

Ben had more wins at their stadium than any other QB (since they re-entered the league). It wasn’t until Baker-dozen came along to eventually over take him.

There can be a developed rivalry, but the days of old are long past And we are restocking for ”BRING“ it on.

Salute the nation

Agree on the rat’s rivalry.

Ben ROETHLISBERGER killed any rivalry that was left, once the ****-stains entered back into the league.

Ben had more wins at their stadium than any other QB (since they re-entered the league). It wasn’t until Baker-dozen came along to eventually over take him.

There can be a developed rivalry, but the days of old are long past And we are restocking for ”BRING“ it on.

Salute the nation

A lot of people look at it the way you do...one teams dominance over the other nullifies the rivalry.

I still look at the Steelers/Browns as a rivalry, it just hasn't been a good one. It is still talked about it as one of the oldest, if not the oldest rivalry in the NFL.
During when Ohio State dominated Michigan for all those years it was still considered a great rivalry.
Eff Ohio State. Glad Michigan is back!

We are 7-1 over the Rats. Even if the Steelers continue to dominate the Rats in wins, it still remains a rivalry because of the typically close games and brutal hitting.

Antonio Brown B - I - G stretch for the TD.

Salute the nation