• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rookie TE Pat Freiermuth Suffers Apparent Injury at Steelers Training Camp

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to pile up injuries this training camp as another player leaves the field on Tuesday at an already depleted tight end position.

Rookie tight end, Pat Freiermuth is the latest player to be taken off the practice field due to injury. Other notable tight ends already out due to injury are Eric Ebron and Zach Gentry. Freiermuth left practice early with an apparent shoulder injury.

According to reporters at training camp, Freiermuth was taking part in stretching, individual drills, and the 2-point conversion simulation drill. He was later seen not working out with his pads and jersey off with his shoulders wrapped after the drills and workouts. This is the reason why some are pointing out that maybe there is another tight end on the roster who is now injured.

Freiermuth did not return to practice after his apparent injury.

No word has come out from Steelers personnel about the status of this injury so as of now, we are left in the dark for the moment on this banged-up unit.

How do you think the Steelers start off the season with so many hurt players coming out of training camp? When do you think we will see both Ebron and Freiermuth on the field at the same time? Leave a comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

If any of tgese injuries are going to put one of these guys on IR sign Eifert…. He will be great and his impending annual injury should probably be in time for the rest of the guys to get healthy lol
I am thinking neither injury is significant.

I hope it's nothing serious, didn't he have shoulder issues/surgery last year or was it something else?

Lol it was more a humorous joke about Eifert’s injury history….

I get the joking part but do the STEELERS have much capital to spend with the pending TJ WATT contract ? I'm not sure of cap compliance & out come of TJ's inevitable large contract. I'm sure they can manuver that cap hit for this year's cap cost.

Salute the nation

Ah crap! I hope not serious. I really like Muuuuth and excited to see him play. Great young man with great attitude, work ethic and fits the true Steeler model. Please heal up quick.

Wasnt meant to be.. I didnt write the article.. i posted below it that its from last year when he was out.

exactly, that article gives context of why the Steelers might be extra cautious with a sore shoulder for him.

I hope Steelers have somebody who can block. The reports I’ve seen on Cowboys is that their 1st rounder LB Micah Parsons has looked like a monster in camp and they’ve had him blitzing. A guy like that blitzing vs backup guys could be ugly. May see some back on backer with Najee. At least Mason hopes it’s back on backer and not backer on his lower back.