• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Round of applause for SCOTUS

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/25/supreme-court-bans-warrantless-cell-phone-searches/

I'll bash them for being too chickenshit to take on the Drake case (conceal carry in NJ) but they did their damn jobs on this one.

The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that police cannot go snooping through people’s cell phones without a warrant, in a unanimous decision that amounts to a major statement in favor of privacy rights.
Police agencies had argued that searching through the data on cell phones was no different than asking someone to turn out his pockets, but the justices rejected that, saying a cell phone is more fundamental.

The ruling amounts to a 21st century update to legal understanding of privacy rights.
“The fact that technology now allows an individual to carry such information in his hand does not make the information any less worthy of the protection for which the Founders fought,” Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote for the unanimous court.
“Our answer to the question of what police must do before searching a cell phone seized incident to an arrest is accordingly simple— get a warrant.”

tumblr_mpz3chpRqT1sytgpro1_400.gif

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed.

I wish they would apply the constitution to all their decisions.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Guessing this ruling is limited to a police officer and not the NSA?
Unanimous? Bomma be sending some hate emails to the Libs on the SCOTUS. Not to worry, they will be deleted in a hard drive crash.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And even more smackdown. The SCOTUS is obviously racist. 9-0 yet again.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/26/s...tution/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Today’s ruling is a victory, though a narrow one, against an encroaching executive branch and a rebuke to one of President Obama’s more prominent unilateral actions. Today’s decision marks the 12th time the Supreme Court unanimously ruled against the Obama administration on the issue of executive power.
How's that Constitutional Scholar thing working out? ;)

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
clearly the SCOTUS does not understand the dynamic role of the POTUS and the importance of the FBP.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
clearly the SCOTUS does not understand the dynamic role of the POTUS and the importance of the FBP.
FBP insults them in front of Congress and the nation then payback is a *****.