• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

RUMOR MILL – Steelers Attempting to Sign Tyrann Mathieu

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Let’s just preface this with the fact that the source is a former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker with no apparent ties to any media. Terence Garvin who played with the Steelers from 2013, to 2015 tweeted this tweet a little while ago indicating that the Steelers were attempting to sign the Honey Badger, AKA Tyrann Mathieu.

Steelers trying land the Bagerr
👁
👁

— Terence Garvin (@T_Garvin28) March 16, 2022

Garvin famously knocked out Cincinnati Bengals punter Kevin Huber with a helmet to helmet hit. Huber would end up with a broken jaw.

Now Garvin does have a little bit of credibility. Last off-season Garvin indicated to SteelerNation.com that something was about to happen for the Steelers. Now it took three days for it to happen and I started to think he was full of it. But that move was the eventual retirement of linebacker Vince Williams. Garvin would later tell me that he’s in multiple group chats with former, and current NFL players, and that Williams had told him via text.

Now the connection there was that Williams, and Garvin were teammates, and friends. Garvin has no immediate connection to Mathieu during there playing days that I can find. Neither were ever teammates in the NFL. Garvin went to West Virginia, and is from Maryland. Mathieu is from New Orleans, and went to LSU. The only thing is that both Mathieu, and Garvin came into the NFL in 2013.

Former #Chiefs team MVP and Pro Bowl S Tyrann Mathieu is the last and best safety standing, by far the top at his position.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 16, 2022

There was one report that said the Chicago Bears, and Indianapolis Colts were dark horses to sign Mathieu, but that’s the only news about him at the moment. Besides that he’s clearly the best safety, and free agent left on the market. Yesterday we released our top free agent wish list, and Mathieu came in at #1 amongst our staff.

On the bright side, if the Steelers miss out on Mathieu, Terrell Edmunds is still available.
🙂

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Let’s just preface this with the fact that the source is a former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker with no apparent ties to any media. Terence Garvin who played with the Steelers from 2013, to 2015 tweeted this tweet a little while ago indicating that the Steelers were attempting to sign the Honey Badger, AKA Tyrann Mathieu.

Garvin famously knocked out Cincinnati Bengals punter Kevin Huber with a helmet to helmet hit. Huber would end up with a broken jaw.

Now Garvin does have a little bit of credibility. Last off-season Garvin indicated to SteelerNation.com that something was about to happen for the Steelers. Now it took three days for it to happen and I started to think he was full of it. But that move was the eventual retirement of linebacker Vince Williams. Garvin would later tell me that he’s in multiple group chats with former, and current NFL players, and that Williams had told him via text.

Now the connection there was that Williams, and Garvin were teammates, and friends. Garvin has no immediate connection to Mathieu during there playing days that I can find. Neither were ever teammates in the NFL. Garvin went to West Virginia, and is from Maryland. Mathieu is from New Orleans, and went to LSU. The only thing is that both Mathieu, and Garvin came into the NFL in 2013.

There was one report that said the Chicago Bears, and Indianapolis Colts were dark horses to sign Mathieu, but that’s the only news about him at the moment. Besides that he’s clearly the best safety, and free agent left on the market. Yesterday we released our top free agent wish list, and Mathieu came in at #1 amongst our staff.

On the bright side, if the Steelers miss out on Mathieu, Terrell Edmunds is still available.
🙂

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
Weirdly Edmunds makes no lists of top safeties on the market lol