• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russia has unveiled chilling pictures of its largest ever nuclear missile

Spike

Reaction score
The RS-28 Sarmat missile, dubbed Satan 2 by Nato, has a top speed of 4.3 miles (7km) per second and has been designed to outfox anti-missile shield systems.

The new Sarmat missile could deliver warheads of 40 megatons - 2,000 times as powerful as the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

tank1.png

russia-ICBM-nuclear-missile.jpg

U.S. and Western intelligence estimate that the Sarmat may carry as many as 15 independently targeted nuclear warheads, and has a range of 6,000 miles. Once it is deployed it will become the largest ICBM ever built.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...sile-Super-nuke-destroy-area-size-FRANCE.html

---------------------------------

fun site to play around with

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

NUKEMAP-Cuban-Missile-Crisis-DC.jpg

images

yay

baghdad1.jpg
baghdad2.jpg

That's badass. Trump should buy 20 of them when he's president. Meanwhile, Obama-Clinton have spent 8 years worrying about climate change.

And we have nothing. Our nuclear arsenal is now a joke. It is ancient. Not sure if we even have anything that would function if we needed it to.

And we have nothing. Our nuclear arsenal is now a joke. It is ancient. Not sure if we even have anything that would function if we needed it to.

The United States still has its mutually assured destruction weapon ... creepy Joe Biden:

b7e936b72c93b95f929d9e2d063a5038772bbf96d273202f7d22374419eba564_1.gif

I wonder what climatologists are going to say when terrorists get a nuclear weapons and detonate it.... is the environmental wreckage, radiation and effected weather going to bother them as much as turning my heat up to 71 degrees in the winter?

Probably not....

40 megatons with as many as 15 independently targeted nuclear warheads. 15 of them? OMG.

We've got similar stuff ( but not 15 per missle ) and more quick strike ability.

The only winning move here is never to play.

Whoever is the next president needs to sit down with Putin and watch the documentary White Light, Black Rain. It's the before and after tale of the survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear attacks.

Spine chilling stuff. People dropping dead when walking due to instant dehydration, people barely alive and crumbling to dust and more. And many of them were the lucky ones. This one is 2,000 times as powerful.

You can see it on HBO demand under documentaries.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0911010/

That's just a game nobody wins. Our subs would take them out just the same. Everyone is left dead and the land is ****** forever.

Everyone is left dead and the land is ****** forever.

You've never played Fallout? Lots of survivors...and mutants

Europe on war-footing: Britain sends tanks, drones and 800 troops to Estonia

Britain is sending tanks, drones and 800 troops to Estonia as part of the biggest military build-up on Russia's borders since the Cold War.

The soldiers will be sent to the Eastern European country and will be joined by forces from Denmark and France, according to Defence Secretary Michael Fallon.

It comes a day after Russia unveiled chilling pictures of its largest ever nuclear missile - Satan 2 - which is capable of obliterating the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Cold-War-response-Putin-s-war-mongering.html

There's a term for this. Vaporware. The Russians always boast about having badass military equipment and they can't even keep their navy ships running. Don't buy into the BS

There's a term for this. Vaporware. The Russians always boast about having badass military equipment and they can't even keep their navy ships running. Don't buy into the BS

It doesn't look terribly aerodynamic with that air conditioner hanging off the side either.

You doubt they exist?

Sticking your head in the sand pretending there is no threat is a well known Dem strategy

%D0%9F%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B4_%D0%B2_%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C_70-%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%92%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%8B_-_50-728x420.jpg

This is what's inside the launch tubes

71900196.jpg

Oh yeah right - I bet those are ghost ships on the way to Syria too! What threat?

161020143432-russian-aircraft-carrier-admiral-kuznetsov-exlarge-169.jpeg

Listening to Obama for 8 years has made you blind, Americans can't even get into space without Russian rockets!

40 megatons with as many as 15 independently targeted nuclear warheads. 15 of them? OMG.

We've got similar stuff ( but not 15 per missle ) and more quick strike ability.

The only winning move here is never to play.

Whoever is the next president needs to sit down with Putin and watch the documentary White Light, Black Rain. It's the before and after tale of the survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear attacks.

Spine chilling stuff. People dropping dead when walking due to instant dehydration, people barely alive and crumbling to dust and more. And many of them were the lucky ones. This one is 2,000 times as powerful.

You can see it on HBO demand under documentaries.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0911010/

"Would you like to play a friendly game of chess?"

Force Russia to play about 1million games of tic tac toe with Coach, before they realize the error of their ways...

Oh yeah right - I bet those are ghost ships on the way to Syria too! What threat?

161020143432-russian-aircraft-carrier-admiral-kuznetsov-exlarge-169.jpeg

Listening to Obama for 8 years has made you blind, Americans can't even get into space without Russian rockets!

Cool your jets there, spaz-matic. I'm non a Dem and I'm not a libtard. My point was that despite the Commie-In-Chief's gutting of the military, we are far superior to Russia. The Kuznetsov pictured above (Russia's only fleet carrier) is a piece of **** that runs on diesel engines and with the low-quality fuel they use, is unreliable. (Contrast this with the gas turbines on non-nuclear U.S. ships) If it were a passenger car you could call it a "lemon." And don't think for a moment there's not a U.S. or British sub shadowing it. The Kuznetsov would be the first ship sunk in a shooting war.

As for the new missile, here's a comment from a conversation with an acquaintance who knows the deal:

One's much better off shotgunning the target with a number of smaller warheads. What 40 megatons does (quite from giving the operators the immense satisfaction of setting off a really big device) is make the rubble bounce around. Its a political terror weapon more than anything else.

By the way, the re-entry speed of the missile is 15,500 mph which is well within intercept capability.

The 16 warheads is a much greater threat than one big one. I bet they're MRVs and the choice is one huge one, ten or so MIRVs or 16 MRVs. It doesn't really matter, the art is to shoot down the re-entry bus before it discharges its warheads. If we can push the bus back so it has to discharge earlier, dispersal increases greatly and that's worth doing.

So this announcement is more for political purposes than strategic ones. As I said in my original post, the Russians boast about having bad-*** things but it is not quite what it seems. The more you know.........

Last edited:
Cool your jets there, spaz-matic. I'm non a Dem and I'm not a libtard. My point was that despite the Commie-In-Chief's gutting of the military, we are far superior to Russia. The Kuznetsov pictured above (Russia's only fleet carrier) is a piece of **** that runs on diesel engines and with the low-quality fuel they use, is unreliable. (Contrast this with the gas turbines on non-nuclear U.S. ships) If it were a passenger car you could call it a "lemon." And don't think for a moment there's not a U.S. or British sub shadowing it. The Kuznetsov would be the first ship sunk in a shooting war.

As for the new missile, here's a comment from a conversation with an acquaintance who knows the deal:

So this announcement is more for political purposes than strategic ones. As I said in my original post, the Russians boast about having bad-*** things but it is not quite what it seems. The more you know.........

Too bad Odumma cut way back on our missile defense program.

the more you know...

U.S. Nuclear Weapons Capability

America's nuclear deterrent force remains marginally able to provide strategic security. Modernization shortfalls factored heavily into this.

In 1999, the Commission on Maintaining U.S. Nuclear Weapons Expertise concluded that 34 percent of the employees supplying critical skills to the weapons program were more than 50 years old. The number increased to 40 percent in 2009

The lack of resources has undermined the morale of the workforce.

“There has been an unambiguous, dramatic, and unacceptable decline in the Air Force’s commitment to perform the nuclear mission and, until very recently, little has been done to reverse it” and that “the readiness of forces assigned the nuclear mission has seriously eroded.”

In January 2014, the Air Force discovered widespread cheating on nuclear proficiency exams and charged over 100 officers with misconduct. The Navy had a similar problem.

The Department of Defense conducted two nuclear enterprise reviews, one internal and one external. Both reviews identified a lack of leadership attention, a lack of resources to modernize the atrophied infrastructure, and unduly burdensome implementation of the personnel reliability program as some of the core challenges preventing a sole focus on accomplishing the nuclear mission.

Nuclear Warhead Modernization Score: Weak

During the Cold War, the United States maintained a strong focus on designing and developing new nuclear warhead designs in order to counter Soviet advances and modernization efforts. Today, the United States is not developing a single new nuclear warhead even though all of its nuclear-armed adversaries are developing new nuclear warheads and capabilities. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, nuclear weapons and delivery vehicles have not been replaced despite being well beyond their designed service life. This both increases the risk of failure due to aging components and signals to adversaries that the United States is less committed to nuclear deterrence.

http://index.heritage.org/military/2016/assessments/us-military-power/us-nuclear-weapons/

-------------------------

I worked on a nuke site, I know all about PRP. Failure is not an option.

Last edited:
Too bad Odumma cut way back on our missile defense program.

and everything else...

“Outranged and outgunned” by Russian and Chinese missiles, the US Army wants a new long-range artillery rocket of its own.

Why does the Army need to do this? The Army has largely neglected the artillery, so much so that one group of disgruntled officers called it a “dead branch walking.” Ground troops relied on the Air Force and Navy to dominate their own domains, prevent enemy airstrikes, and provide firepower on demand.

But Russia, China, and even lesser powers like Iran have invested heavily in long-range, land-based anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles to keep the US Air Force and Navy at bay.

http://breakingdefense.com/2016/10/new-army-long-range-missile-might-kill-ships-too-lrpf/

Seeing new mega nukes from Russia and China don't alarm me in the least. Our nuke subs alone could completely destroy the entire planet. So what if they got some new mega nukes; they would still be completely destroyed with them or not. I laugh when I see people who think we need to pour more $ into our nukes. We can already destroy the planet 100 x over as it is now. Why the F do we need more?

Yep.

Just like in the 1970s mechanized warfare was dead and combined arms battle with tanks was a thing of the past. Nobody told Ivan though....

You've never played Fallout? Lots of survivors...and mutants

Europe on war-footing: Britain sends tanks, drones and 800 troops to Estonia

Britain is sending tanks, drones and 800 troops to Estonia as part of the biggest military build-up on Russia's borders since the Cold War.

The soldiers will be sent to the Eastern European country and will be joined by forces from Denmark and France, according to Defence Secretary Michael Fallon.

It comes a day after Russia unveiled chilling pictures of its largest ever nuclear missile - Satan 2 - which is capable of obliterating the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Cold-War-response-Putin-s-war-mongering.html

Building my fat man now.