• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Saudi Arabia launches air attacks in Yemen

Spike

Reaction score
'Yemen - shining victory for Obama's Muslim appeasement policy'

oh wait

SANAA, Yemen — Saudi Arabia and its Persian Gulf allies launched air attacks early Thursday in neighboring Yemen, after Shiite rebels believed backed by Iran swept toward that country’s second-largest city and forced the president to flee.

The Saudi ambassador to the United States, Adel al-Jubeir, made the announcement Wednesday evening in Washington. He said the operation began at 7 p.m. Eastern time in order “to prevent Yemen from falling into the hands of the Houthis,” the rebels.

The operation was an extraordinary development that could plunge Yemen into full-out war

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...913ae2-d2d5-11e4-a62f-ee745911a4ff_story.html

Let that entire region kill themselves off.

I didn't know Saudi arabi could do ahit for themselfs. Good for them.

hoth-34.jpg

Hmm. I thought sand was brown not white.

Egypt sends four warships to secure Gulf of Aden

Four Egyptian warships crossed the Suez Canal Thursday en route to Yemen to secure Gulf of Aden, an Egyptian military source told Xinhua

Egypt pledged complete support for the coalition against the Houthi group, saying in a statement that if the situation warrants, a ground troop must be needed as part of the coalition action.

"Coordination is under way with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states to prepare for participation by the Egyptian air force and Egyptian navy," the statement said.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2015-03/26/content_35166265.htm

---------------------

Sorry, Obama is going golfing - no time for Yemen

WWIII begins...Iran backed Shia against Sunnis

Egypt, Pakistan join military campaign

f4e744fc-69b5-4af0-abf4-477bdb12dde9_16x9_600x338.jpg

Pakistan and Egypt announced their participation in the ongoing Saudi-led military campaign against with air and naval forces, Al Arabiya News Channel reported.

Al Arabiya said Egypt, Pakistan and Sudan have also expressed their readiness to contribute ground troops in the campaign.

The UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and Jordan have also deployed fighter jets to join the Saudi air force in the ongoing air campaign against Yemen’s Houthi rebels, Al Arabiya News Chanel reported.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...t-join-military-campaign-against-Houthis.html

---------------------------------------------------

Egypt officials: Ground operation planned in Yemen

SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt (AP) — Egyptian security and military officials say Saudi Arabia and Egypt will lead a ground operation in Yemen against Shiite rebels and their allies after a campaign of airstrikes to weaken them.

Three senior officials tell The Associated Press that forces would enter by land from Saudi Arabia and by sea from the Red Sea and Arabian Sea. They said Thursday that other nations will also be involved.

At least the Iranians don't have nukes for this war

So....if the winner gets Yemen what does the loser get?

Iran won't be long on two fronts. They will just keep the Saudi's busy near home; give them a win and a long term management project. Gives them a better comparative narrative to "help" in Iraq.

The Iranians have been learning chess; the rest of ME and US, checkers.

Iran won't be long on two fronts. They will just keep the Saudi's busy near home; give them a win and a long term management project. Gives them a better comparative narrative to "help" in Iraq.

The Iranians have been learning chess; the rest of ME and US, checkers.

Probably right. My post was more tongue in cheek like who the **** wants Yemen?

Let's keep selling both sides weapons until they have had enough death and destruction. Then we should offer to help them rebuild, at a price to be negotiated later.

Let's keep selling both sides weapons until they have had enough death and destruction. Then we should offer to help them rebuild, at a price to be negotiated later.

It is better that the Russians get to sell half too; that way all the captured ammo can't be used. And they stay busy until it ends in 15 years

Good time to buy stock in defense contractors or am I already late to the party?

Right. Next time post Tatooine and sand people.

I'm afraid the sand people are being wiped out by Obama's Arab Spring too

'Star Wars' locations in Tunisia reportedly now danger spots because of ISIS threat

star-wars-episode-iv-new-hope.jpg

The Tunisian desert region used as a location for the original "Star Wars" and as a tourist destination for fans of the film franchise is now reportedly crawling with a threat more insidious than marauding Sand People — ISIS terrorists.

Particularly hard hit has been Tataouine, the Tunisian town that inspired George Lucas to name Luke Skywalker's home planet, Tatooine, and now a pit stop for wannabe jihadists headed to join ISIS in nearby Libya

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-locations-isis-danger-zone-article-1.2163040

See BO did bring the ME together.

oh yeah

In September, Obama cited Yemen as a success story when he detailed his strategy against the IslamicState group in Iraq and Syria

The Houthis, who control the capital Sanaa and nine of Yemen’s 21 provinces, are sworn enemies of al-Qaida, but they are also hostile to the U.S. Their slogan is “God is great, death to America, death to Israel, damnation to the Jews, victory for Islam.”

One of my distant cousins in Italy moved to Egypt for her husband's work last year. It's kinda far from the action but I pray for their safety.

Francesca_Steelers2.jpg

She must have taken this pic but that's her husband wearing the Steelers shirt I sent.

oh yeah

In September, Obama cited Yemen as a success story when he detailed his strategy against the IslamicState group in Iraq and Syria

The Houthis, who control the capital Sanaa and nine of Yemen’s 21 provinces, are sworn enemies of al-Qaida, but they are also hostile to the U.S. Their slogan is “God is great, death to America, death to Israel, damnation to the Jews, victory for Islam.”

Succinctness is evidently not a muzzle strong point.

Succinctness is evidently not a muzzle strong point.

Bomma is a narcissist and thinks that His words are enough to get people to do what He wants them to do. When that doesn't happen, He ignores the problem as though it never existed because it conflicts with His view of what reality should be. Bill Clinton did the same things. He was known for telling Group A something in the morning, Group B the exact opposite in the afternoon, and thought that was perfectly okay because Group A didn't exist in his mind anymore.

I'm afraid the sand people are being wiped out by Obama's Arab Spring too

'Star Wars' locations in Tunisia reportedly now danger spots because of ISIS threat

star-wars-episode-iv-new-hope.jpg

The Tunisian desert region used as a location for the original "Star Wars" and as a tourist destination for fans of the film franchise is now reportedly crawling with a threat more insidious than marauding Sand People — ISIS terrorists.

Particularly hard hit has been Tataouine, the Tunisian town that inspired George Lucas to name Luke Skywalker's home planet, Tatooine, and now a pit stop for wannabe jihadists headed to join ISIS in nearby Libya

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-locations-isis-danger-zone-article-1.2163040

I smell a Saturday night live script here. This ISIS group is the most dangerous group I have seen simply because they are willing to fight man to man, not use terrorism against civilians to achieve their goals.