• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Scalia has died

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple sources reporting Scalia died in his sleep on a hunting trip

Somehow I'm thinking that Mitch McConnell won't delay the appointment process until Bomma is out of office.

Nope. Gonna be quite the confirmation battle.

Fierce protector of the Constitution.This saddens me. RIP Justice Scalia,.

Wow. To say that I am shocked is an understatement. I hope whoever replaces him is as staunch a Constitutionalist as he was. Rest In Peace.

RIP

The need to win this election has never been greater - a communist in the WH would destroy this country.

It makes me sick to my stomach seeing Democrats already cheering about his death. Absolutely, ******* disgusting! The man is a Patriot! **** you to anyone cheering his death!

Trump said just the other day that he would appoint a judge like Justice Scalia or Justice Thomas if he was president

This is very bad news

Not fur nuthin but Justice Ginsberg has to be on top of all the dead pool lists.

The percentage of uncontroversial circuit court nominees waiting more than 200
days from first nomination to confirmation increased from 5.1% during the
Reagan presidency to 63.6% during the Obama presidency.

For uncontroversial district court nominees, the mean and median number of
days from nomination to confirmation ranged from a low of 69.9 and 41.0 days,
respectively, during the Reagan presidency to a high of 204.8 and 208.0 days,
respectively, during the Obama presidency.

We gotta be on the Obama number bubble now huh ?

RIP Justice Scalia

The last of the Constitutional judges.....sad day. It will be great theater watching the next appointment.

Somewhere, Obama is gleeful over his death.

Rest in Peace Justice Scalia.

Pelican Brief?

Was thinking the same thing. Total conspiracy stuff of course, but it is so amazingly fortunately coincidental that in his last year, this happens, a death to swing the court.

I think this is going to set up an epic Filibuster, especially if Cruz gets the nomination. Cruz could elect to choose a fellow senator like Ben Sasse as VP and they could effectively run a campaign from the Senate floor.

There was mention last night that the Senate wants to delay a nomination until the next President. Also mention that Obama may just do another run around Congress and make a recess appointment....talk about a big F.U. to Congress.

There was mention last night that the Senate wants to delay a nomination until the next President. Also mention that Obama may just do another run around Congress and make a recess appointment....talk about a big F.U. to Congress.
That would not be a surprise at all.

A recess appointment would be more of a big FU to the American people. No justices get confirmed in an election year. If he did this, this country would be even more polarized and more divided than he and the Dems have already made us over the past 8 plus years.

Here is your odds on candidate to replace Scalia.......

Sri Srinivasan is an Obama guy from the get go and he is not a Christian, which would almost certainly seem to solidify his choice.

And here is the kicker.

Srikanth Srinivasan, of Virginia, was nominated to the U.S. Circuit Court Judge for Washington D.C. in May 2013. The tally was 97-0, including votes U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Presidential candidates Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio.

69cb827a-abd6-4653-ab6c-63edd0be8c0d-large16x9_Sri_Srinavasan.jpg

http://komonews.com/news/nation-world/sri-srinivasan-who-is-he-scalias-possible-replacement