• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seattle Mayor Adds Diet Drinks to His Soda Tax ‘To Tackle White Privilege’

Spike

Reaction score
The mayor of Seattle has altered the rules of his proposed soda tax — which would fund education for minorities–to include diet drinks because affluent white people tend to consume them more.

It would cover sodas such as Coke and Pepsi, energy drinks like Red Bull, fruit drinks, sweetened teas and bottled coffees such as those sold by Starbucks.

Taxing diet drinks has become “an issue of equality” to the mayor because they more likely to be consumed by “upper middle class white people” and therefore must be taxed as a way to fight “white privileged institutionalized racism.”

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/sea...ks-to-his-soda-tax-to-tackle-white-privilege/

------------------------------------

Your are a racist when U drink a diet drink. Remember that.

Diet Pepsi! Its Just Not For White People Any More!

obviously he has not been to the grocery store when someone has there cart loaded to the gills with pop, candy, etc etc then pulls ouy there ebt card to pay for it

obviously he has not been to the grocery store when someone has there cart loaded to the gills with pop, candy, etc etc then pulls ouy there ebt card to pay for it

has there ever been a more racist comment stated anywhere on the internet???

Man this sounds too much like California. Is there a competition going on to see who can get the lamest?

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Reactions: MTC
If there is, Ogreforniagon will sprout up to take the lead.

Isn't this the guy who pays young men for sex? Talk about white privilege. Sick ******.

lets not tax orange drink though. that would cause riots

I drink Diet Coke. I guess I am racist. I don't feel privileged though.....

The mayor of Seattle has altered the rules of his proposed soda tax — which would fund education for minorities–to include diet drinks because affluent white people tend to consume them more.

It would cover sodas such as Coke and Pepsi, energy drinks like Red Bull, fruit drinks, sweetened teas and bottled coffees such as those sold by Starbucks.

Taxing diet drinks has become “an issue of equality” to the mayor because they more likely to be consumed by “upper middle class white people” and therefore must be taxed as a way to fight “white privileged institutionalized racism.”

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/sea...ks-to-his-soda-tax-to-tackle-white-privilege/

------------------------------------

Your are a racist when U drink a diet drink. Remember that.

Asinine. Blacks are not prohibited from buying diet drinks.

Get fat drinking that sugary **** and let others pay for their health care. Who is really privileged here?

somebody order a diet soda?

That's asinine. Rich white people don't consume more diet sodas...caviar and filet mignon maybe...not diet soda.

Also, white privilege is the stupidest thing I've ever heard....more like CLASS privilege.

The average Starbucks drink order has more calories than soda.

You have to love the elitist leftists. They want to put McDonald's and fast food out of business saying it's bad for you then they go to a 5 star restaurant and throw down a bottle of wine and 3 course meal with 3 times the calories as a Big Mac and fries. Oh but that's different becaus they know that kind of meal is fattening so they don't eat that way every day. Poor people eat fast food for every meal because um racism of evil big business...or something.

It's also funny see government against food and drink with corn syrup considering government is pretty much responsible for it's invention and wide use. They start all the corn subsidies which forced companies to think, what are we going to do with all this damn corn and somebody came up with high fructose corn syrup which is sweeter than sugar and less expensive. So it's was used in everything.

Identity politics and a tax increase. The zen of tha DNC is flowing through this guy.