• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Services Planned for Steelers Dwayne Haskins; Parents Release Statement

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The NFL community, and Pittsburgh Steelers fans alike continue to mourn the loss of quarterback Dwayne Haskins who was tragically taken from this world too soon on Saturday morning. For the first time since the horrific tragedy we have a statement from his family. His parents released a statement on Tuesday evening.

Haskins’ parents said in a statement on Tuesday evening that the pain at their loss was “unimaginable”.

“We have had such an overwhelming outpouring of love for our son since the news broke of our loss,” says Tamara and Dwayne Haskins, Sr., parents of Haskins. “Anyone who knew Dwayne knows he worked exceptionally hard to achieve such a high level of success at such a young age. He was touched by so many people on his journey to being a standout athlete and we are grateful to all of them. This pain is unimaginable and we appreciate everyone who shares in our heartbreak.”

Haskins will be memorialized on Saturday, April 23, from noon until 3 p.m., at Christ Church in his native Rockaway Township, N.J. A second service will be held the following evening at 7 p.m., at Bullis School in Potomac, Md., where Haskins attended high school.

Dwayne’s wife, Kalabrya Haskins and the Steelers will have a funeral on April 22. The site and time are to be determined. His parents informed the team that they won’t be making the trip to Pittsburgh for the service.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

So heartbroken for them. Pray god will give them the comfort they need. As a parent I just can’t imagine the feeling of losing a child in any manner, let alone a tragedy such as this.

may the Good Lord bless and keep them close as they navigate this painful time in their lives 🙏

I have been around enough parents who had to bury their kids that i know there is nothing you can say to allieviate their pain and few things sadder that can happen… my condolences….